Tuesday, March 31, 2009

S T R E T C H...

It's hard to explain the kind of day we had today. We've experienced the gamut of emotions: excitement, dread, disappointment, frustration, defeat...Moving is just plain hard!

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but the house we are moving into is a house that we lived in about 4 years ago. I loved this house! Felt like the house was designed especially for me. That's why today was rather disappointing, it wasn't treated the way I would have treated it and it's basically gross and disgusting and I'm back to ground zero with everything. Sigh...I know we can make it home again, but can I make it SMELL like home again?

We've had a bit of a storm here, so that's delayed our ability to actually move our stuff in. Tomorrow will be the big day. I wish had more time to clean and paint before our stuff gets brought in.

My older three remember the house, but not my little ones. Bubble Gum Taffy was born at this house. It's a fun house for children, lots of levels and stairs.

I'll be away for a few days, getting settled in and waiting for Internet to be started at the house. If you read this and want too, pray for me that I can remain peaceful through this chaotic time and that I can get that "smell" out of the house!

Leaning hard on the Taffy Pull Turner,
Mrs. Taffy

1 comment:

  1. Mrs. Taffy,

    I'm here to encourage you and remind you of the "smell" the sweet smell, the aroma of the things God has placed in you...remember that cd from Above Rubies - I'm going to pray that the Lord refreshes your memory of it...
    I know one other thing that will completely get that wonderful "Mrs. Taffy" smell back...your baking...that will do the trick...but be carefull you might have the neighbors at your door with their plates out...hehehehe!

    Hugs and prayers to you,
    Me

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!