Thursday, April 23, 2009

Garage Sale Treasures

I'm going to start a new series this spring showcases that great things I find at garage sales! I'll try to keep this a running Thursday post, but sometimes it may be Friday because usually big city-wide garage sales start on Friday! Here's what I found today:
A huge bag of army guys for Blue-Raspberry Taffy-$1.00

An outside riding toy for Laffy Taffy- $2.00
A big bag of Winnie-the-Pooh and friends toys for Bubble Gum Taffy- $.75

A rustic star decoration for ME!! Love this(and the model)! - $.50
A brand new Willow Tree Ornament ( I can use this as a gift!) -$1.00
A dirty, but otherwise in great condition, picnic basket- $1.00
This is by far the best thing I found today. It's an authentic Longaberger! Oh how I have dreamed of finding a Longaberger at a garage sale. Another cool thing about this basket was that it was filled to the top with embroidery floss, which I promptly gave to Strawberry Taffy and she was thrilled! -$5.00
I also found some children's books(6 @ $.25 each) and clothes, but I put the clothes in the wash before I remembered to take a picture of them. I found some outfits for my friend's baby...a dress, a summer Gymboree outfit and some undershirts for Bubble Gum, and some jammies for Laffy Taffy. ( I think the total cost I paid for the clothes was under $10.00) A great time was had by all!
Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. Wow, talk about successful garaging--what great finds! I especially like those stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome garage sale finds!! I'm so jealous!! I love garage sales, but have not found much at the garage sales around here. :) I'm glad you had fun and did so well! Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, looks like life really is getting back to mormal, even more normal than than normal!

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! Those are great deals!!! I want to garage sale too....how fun!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!