Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday

Okay, so I know I haven't been a very good bloggie friend lately...I've been pretty consumed with getting this house set up and the day to day tasks that make up my life. It seems everytime I'm ready to blog about something I either forget what I wanted to write or it ends up being time to make a meal or something! So, today I've designated some time to let you all know that I am still here. I know my favorite blogs are the ones that post often, I want to be one of your favorite blogs too!

So this morning I decided to make a nice breakfast. Mr. Taffy requested something "different" for breakfast, that's all he said, no perameters. So while we were watching Time Changers last night I scoured my favorite cookbooks for something "different."



First thing on the menu was this Farmer Casserole, which I had already made up and stuck in the freezer.Next I made this Baked Oatmeal. The recipe comes from an Amish cookbook and it was fairly simple to make:

2 eggs

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup butter

3 cups oatmeal

1 cup milk

2 tsp. baking powder

pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 350. Combine eggs, sugar, and butter in a 2 quart baking dish. Add oatmeal, milk, baking powder, and salt; stir until well blended. Bake for 30 minutes. Add milk or a scoop of ice cream.

Lastly I made this Cinnamon Flop. This recipe also came from an Amish Cookbook.

1 cup sugar

2 cups flour

2 tsp. baking powder

1 Tbls melted butter

1 cup milk

brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter for top

Stir together sugar, flour, and baking powder. Add butter and milk and stir until well blended. Divide mixture between 2 9" pie pans, well greased. Sprinkle tops with flour, then brown sugar, then cinnamon. Push chunks of butter into the dough. This makes holes and later gets gooey as it bakes. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

I know these are exactly "healthy" recipes, but they are way better than going out for donuts or eating a box of cereal for breakfast! And I have got to tell you, they are full of my secret ingredient: LOVE! That ALWAYS makes the food taste better and be more healthy! :o)

Later this morning, Strawberry Taffy was getting a kick out of Laffy Taffy...he doesn't like toy animals of any sort, he runs away and screams. But give him a doll that looks like a real person and he becomes Mr. Affectionate. He was hugging and kissing this doll for a good 2 minutes. It was hilarious! Strawberry Taffy will do a blog post about it soon! Tonight we are meeting some "old" friends for dinner. I'll write about this special friendship later! But let me tell you, I am SO EXCITED!!



Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to Blogger-ville! Nice recipes, probably too much sugar for a sedentary old codger like me. But I presume the taffy clan doesn't have any trouble burning it off!

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!