Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Mother's Day

My family really put a lot of thought into today. The day started out with my children basically "making me" sit down in my rocking while they waited on me...they brought me coffee, my laptop, Banana Taffy made me a toasty fire in the wood stove-it was GREAT! While I was sitting there reading email and blogging about Strawberry's birthday, Strawberry was rubbing my feet and Mr. Taffy was making breakfast. He's a champ at making eggs! YUM! After breakfast I was literally not allowed to do anything, except change a poopy diaper (nobody wanted to do that for me!). I did some final homeschool planning, took a power nap because I woke up with a headache and straightened up my scrapbook table. (That was fun for me!) At 11 we headed out. They took me to lunch at a Mexican Restaurant near the Mall of America. The food was a little disappointing, but the company was PERFECT!

After lunch we headed over to the Mall of America. When Mr. Taffy asked me if there was anything special I wanted for Mother's Day, I told him I would love to have a character sketch done of Laffy Taffy. You see, when we went to Sea World two winters ago, I got characters drawn of the other five children, but Laffy was a newborn and I didn't want his done then. So that was reason we went to the Mall of America.

But on the way to the stand we stopped at the new American Girl Place there where the girls got to make a Mother's Day card for me. :o) (I just have to mention that Strawberry's outfit came from the garage sales!)And of course we had to stop at Lego Land for the boys in the group. And one little girl...Strawberry wasn't interested in Legos...she was having too much fun with the camera she got for her birthday!Here we are, the reason we came...I was just sitting there to keep Laffy Taffy somewhat still and Bubble Gum Taffy didn't want to be left out!
The beginning of the sketch.

Laffy Taffy was not pleased to be stuck there!Not the best picture, but it's a good shot of the artist's sketch and the subject. If you click on the picture you can see it bigger. Bubble Gum Taffy was crying because she swallowed her itty bitty piece of gum and I wouldn't give her another one! Waaaaah!
The almost finished product! I don't have a picture of the completed sketch, but I will take a picture of my wall once this one joins the others.
After we left the mall Mr. Taffy bought me a "moosed" Caribou Coffee. Moosed means-4 SHOTS of ESPRESSO. Ahh, my headache is finally bearable!
I'm off to make Crepes for dinner! Happy Mother's Day to all my mommy friends and especially my mom!
Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

6 comments:

  1. Your family did well! Happy Mother's Day Carissa! Love & blessings to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is way too cute!!!!
    Glad you had a great Mother's Day :)

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your description of your Mother's day is great. The drawing of Laffy is classic. I am sure, almost every day, your children rise up and call you "blessed."

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely...just lovely! That mall does look impresive...and I thought you were kidding!

    Yes they do arise and call her "blessed" and her husband also! I'd say you are doing a great job at being the Provbers 31 woman...I can only imagine the Lord is well pleased with you and that you are a light to all those moms around you!

    Hugs to you - and Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How Fun!! The cartoon sketch looks great. And you are my kind of mommy friend....lots of coffee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I wish we had a museum such as that!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!