Thursday, May 14, 2009

Spring in Full Bloom


I had to take a picture of the lovely flowering tree in front of my house. I took this last night, it was so windy and I wasn't sure there would still be flowers on it this morning. I'm not sure what kind of tree this is, I'm guessing choke cherry as I don't remember apples or peaches growing here in the past...what can you do with choke cherry's, anybody know? This morning was baking day for me. We've done morning school with Blue-Raspberry and Bubble Gum all week, but today I needed to bake so I pulled out this bucket of duplos that they haven't seen in months and it did a good job keeping them busy while I made 4 loaves of bread, 2 dozen dinner rolls, 3 dozen cinnamon rolls and my first batch of kefir.

Tomorrow we have morning school and then errands in the afternoon. Living in the suburbs again, I forgot how busy the stores get on Saturday! I had to adjust my schedule to avoid the crowds! That's great though and a big reason why we homeschool!
Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

1 comment:

  1. It might be Choke Cherry. Ususally they are more of a bush than a tree. You may want to do some research on-line, or have one of your Home-Schoolers do it.

    If it is, people in SD use Choke Cherry to make jelly and syrup.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!