Friday, June 5, 2009

Cartoon Family

I finally got it done, that cute picture of my Laffy Taffy from Mother's Day is on the wall. I could not find the same frame as the other children's so it's looks a little off, but I can live with it. What I can't live with is the boring wall color and that will be fixed before the summer is over if I have anything to say about it! Mr. & Mrs. Taffy. You can see by the date this was a few years ago...done at the Mall of America in Bloomington, MN.
Banana Taffy. This was done at Sea World in San Diego for a whopping $10-the poor kid was so bored, so he gave us a deal! 2007

Chocolate Taffy. Many hours have been spent discussing the neck interpretation...San Diego. 2007
Strawberry. Her hair isn't normally so kinky but they kept going on water rides and it dried this way. Aren't her eyes gigantic? That's pretty close to real life! lol San Diego. 2007
Blue-Raspberry. This one always cracks me up! His Big Ole' HEAD! It's got to be that hair cut! San Diego. 2007

Bubble Gum Taffy. I know her hair is weird, but there's a story behind it. She had/has a habit of sucking her fingers and twirling her hair. She was twirling so much she was pulling her hair out! All she had was that one long curl growing out the side. Soon after this I started putting socks on her hands for sleeping (still have to do this) and now her hair is full of curls, not just one! San Diego. 2007
Laffy Taffy. Funny, he kind of looks like the guy who drew it...still, I love the unique look of all these cartoon faces-fun and whimsical! Mall of America, Bloomington, MN. 2009

Holding Fast,

Mrs. Taffy

3 comments:

  1. I'm still laughing! especially the comment about chocolate taffy's neck! I'm going to show these to W. He's been having fun sketching his teachers and people he sees -- he may have a career in this type of caricature! What color wall? hmmm blue to match all those beautiful blue eyes? Its a beautiful gallery and I'm sure the children are all thrilled to be on display!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great!!!. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You turned a large blank wall into a family treausre! All good sketches. You will probably be updating them over the years. Your Great Grandparents had family charactures on the walls in their basement family room. It was pretty cool. They had little comments on them. Your grandparents did, too. A guess here is another example where the acron doesn't fall far from the tree even though it skipped a generation.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!