Sunday, June 14, 2009

Let's Play!!

Today we went to Lake Elmo Park Reserve in Lake Elmo, MN. This is a county park that has a great man-made lake, with sand. The great part about this lake is that there are no fishy's nibbling your toes, and no plants to gross you out!! Another neat thing about this lake is that Mike and used to come here with our church when we were teenagers! I used to bring the children I was nanny for before I was married too and now we are coming with our children! We got there early-10, there was hardly anyone there yet. The sun was shining, it was warm and perfect! Blue-Raspberry was getting cold so he and Strawberry and Bubble Gum had fun making rivers with the recycled beach "toys" I brought! (Ice cream pail, vitamin bottle, oxy clean scoop, sour cream containers and a Charlie's Soap scoop!)
Banana and Chocolate had such a great time, they practically had the lake to themselves! Banana was too far away to get a good picture-but they must have played hard because they both fell asleep in the truck on the way home!

Laffy Taffy had so much fun! He just sat in the water for the longest time, running his hands through the water and snickering to himself. His life jacket is a little big, so every time he would try to get up he would get stuck on his hands and knees, like a turtle with a shell on his back. It was so funny! When he did finally get out the water he hijacked my chair-literally!

Look at those dirty feet! We brought our lunch too, and just when it started getting crowded, we got out of the sand and sun and ate our lunch in the shade. The children INHALED their lunch! It was a lovely, lovely time!

Tomorrow is back to work for us: school and fence! We are well rested! I hope you had a great weekend too!

Holding Fast,

Mrs. Taffy

2 comments:

  1. Summer days spent by the ocean or lakes or rivers are just the best! You sound like me ... I don't like any fishy's nibbling my toes or plants to gross me out either! Looks like a perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing your pictures makes me look forward to the lake up at the camp. It will be H3's first time in the lake and she has a little pink life jacket and all sorts of little floaties for the water. I can't wait to see what she does!

    We do have yucky plants and fishies in our lake tho. Ewwww! Fortunately, we do keep the swimming area mostly clear, so very plants are in there and only a couple little fish venture in.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!