Monday, June 1, 2009

Stocking up

Today we took a long awaited trip to this great country store. It's in Fall Creek, WI, sort of in the middle of nowhere. We've been visiting this store annually since Strawberry was a baby. Except for the years we lived in another state that is...anyway, it's a great bulk food store that carries all kinds of hard to find items like: coconut oil, apple pie spice, cinnamon chips, evaporated cane juice, alphabet noodles and raw milk. The also have miniature marshmallows that are great for hot chocolate and all manner of powdered milk, buttermilk, eggs, etc. They carry dried beans, nuts, fruit and the best potato chips I've ever had! It's run by a Mennonite family and there are hymns playing in the background. It's just lovely to go there. In years past we have also visited a nearby state park with a great lake, but today was too chilly for swimming. We have such fond memories of this place.
Here's our loot. I forgot to take a picture of all the food spread all over the counter. I'm stocked on spices and bulk baking supplies. The children bought some treats with their own money too. It was great day!

Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE making those kind of memories with my family!
    Cool grocery bags! Makes me want to head to the beach :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!