Sunday, July 26, 2009

Smash 'em Crash 'em

It was a gorgeous day today in the Midwest so we loaded up the kids and took them to the local county fair to watch a good old fashioned derby! Boy was it packed! We didn't exactly have great seats, but if we would have been any closer we would have been deaf and covered in mud, so I'm not complaining!
This is something Mr. Taffy has been wanting to take Blue-Raspberry to for a long time. At our local county fair, the derby was included in the admission price and our three youngest were free, so it ended up being a pretty cheap outing. We didn't even have to pay for parking!

You know, we also had to get ourselves some good ol' fair food too! Kettle Corn! YUM! Still warm even!
Blue-Raspberry snow cones...they really hit the spot, it was HOT! We also got some mini donuts! We haven't had those since we lived here before...oh YUM! They did not disappoint!
We were only at the fair for a couple hours. We walked through the animal buildings and the 4H buildings. We didn't do any rides, we are saving that for the MN State Fair. Some of the proceeds from our garage sale will cover that! One funny thing we saw: Deep Fried Pickles. We weren't feeling adventurous enough to try them...Would you have?
Thankful for air-conditioning,
Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. No Way! Deep Fried Pickles - yuk! I bet my husband and my oldest would have tried it...and if we were together I bet your two older sons and mine would have had a contest to see who could eat the most...funny to think about!
    Hugs to all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewww...those fried pickles sound a bit disgusting. Maybe if I were pregnant....but still....
    Fried Oreos I heard are delicious. Never tried but I'd like to one day.

    Looks like you had a blast. My oldest son went to something similar this past weekend. He said they were racing all sorts of vehicles, even buses. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't remember seeing a demolition derby in person. They used to have them on TV.

    We used to take you and Alan to Valley Fair for the rides because the rides at the State Fair were too expensive. We concentrated on the free stuff at the State Fair, mostly...

    I am glad the economy has not stopped you from finding ways to have some fun.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!