Saturday, July 4, 2009

Through the Years

Independence day through the years...

We only had 4 in this first picture I found...2003
Now we have 5...jump two years to 2005
Here's where the pictures start getting good. Each year we've celebrated with this same family, our wonderful friends who are family to us...This is the year we started getting organized! 2006

Almost 6, I've got one cooking away in there...2007

This is just last year. Just look at all of those beautiful children being raised in the Fear and Love of the Lord!! 2008

This year we are so sad because we are not with our friends...we don't really know what to do with ourselves. We've made no plans. The extent of my planning includes strawberry shortcake, but that's it. We don't even match today! Actually I'm wearing the exact same shirt I was wearing this time last year! :o)
I hope whatever you are doing today is warm and fun and full of opportunities for group shoots and scrapbooking challenges!
Looking for a glimmer,
Mrs. Taffy

3 comments:

  1. Happy 4th of July! We also had Strawberry shortcake- I made star shaped biscuits and included ice cream in the mix! Very yummy!

    Now go outside and take a picture of everyone (in order) lying on the ground, propped up on elbows, smiling for the camera!

    And watch fireworks on the TV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it is so much fun to have great friends.

    Great pics.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, we miss you so much also...it was very sad for our family today...something was missing...you! Funny...we did not match either - I don't think anyone but our Knight was in something flagy...ho-hum!

    Let's hope that next year we can work it out to be together again...it was just so sad with out you...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!