Saturday, July 4, 2009

Too Much Excitement

Thursday was a pretty exciting day! We started out at the crack of dawn, the strawberry field was our destination. The picking was great. The little ones stayed home with their dad while the olders came with me. There were lovely strawberries galore at $1.65 a pound. The only problem, the gnats! UGH! We were eaten alive! Still recovering from all the buzzing and biting. Good thing about the bugs, it made us pick FAST! We had 25 pounds picked in under 30 minutes! After that excitement we headed home to put the berries in the fridge, packed lunches and headed to the beach.

The beach was fun, we started out at the huge park there. The park was so large, with such high slides that even my teens had fun playing tag and acting crazy in there. It was a little cool too swim, but that didn't stop them! They even turned a little pink! Laffy Taffy had a delightful time of filing my purse with sand (hazards of not paying attention). On the way home from the beach we stopped at the library to return books and then the real excitement happened. I got run off the road by a semi truck and my back tire blew out! POW! Yikes! I just have to say here, I hate Sprint. We have roadside rescue and Sprint is the MOST unhelpful company on the planet. Anyway...while I was trying to work through that the most wonderful sight to behold pulled up behind us-(imagine music here) HIGHWAY HELPER aka my hero! Ahhh....What a great service we have in MN. Their goal: To get me out off the shoulder and keeping traffic moving. I think I forgot to mention I was on a very busy section of highway. This guy did all kinds of strang things to my SUV and found cubbies and tools and key holes that we never knew existed! The tire was changed in no time and now Blue-Raspberry Taffy wants to be a Highway Helper when he grows up! :o)

Thankfully we bought the "insurance" that came with our tires way back before our month long road trip and Walmart replaced that sucker for free that evening! Phew!

That was too much excitement for one day!

Mrs. Taffy
P.S. Sorry I don't have pictures...I actually didn't take my camera with us yesterday-didn't think anything interesting was going to happen! :o)

3 comments:

  1. Fun!! And thank God you guys were ok and you had help. I would've been clueless as to what to do in that situation.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm so glad you are all safe and sound after having a tire blow out on a busy highway!! Praise & thank God for that for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you were all ok. Scary, but GREAT reflexes on your part! That's how your children learn what to do in an emergency!

    I'm glad you got to pick your strawberries - yesterday might have been the last day here, and there were long lines at every Spooner's Stand. I got mine!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!