Friday, August 28, 2009

Our first harvest

Today we decided to check on our potatoes and we were so glad we did! Our red potatoes are so big! We figured we better start digging them up, I think red potatoes are supposed to be small...Mr. Taffy ate a raw one...next year we want to get some red potatoes that are open-pollinated instead of this hybrid variety. Still, we are so thankful and I can't wait to make some ham and cheese chowder with these potatoes! I should make some twice baked mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving too! Snacking on a lonely sweet pea...

A heavy load!

Today was a beautiful pre-fall day, with a freshness to the air, a slight breeze and a hint of the season that is to come. I love the fall. It's my favorite time of year!

Happy Harvest!

Mrs. Taffy

3 comments:

  1. Yay for the Harvest!! Potatoes look great. I like the fall also. We still are hot down here though :) Actually there were a few mornings when it was feeling a bit cooler in the 70's.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen "Faith like potatoes" yet? It really is a powerful, inspiring, challenging and real story appropriate for the whole family. I just watched it again when my dad was here visiting. It's definitely worth seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Tirzah!! We saw it at your recommendation! We loved it! It was such a great movie! I cried so hard...you know the part I'm sure! Thanks for the recommendation! We hardly watch any movies because, well I'm sure you now why! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!