Monday, September 7, 2009

Back to "homeschool"

The day started off bright and early for me! I got up early enough to take a shower and have my quiet time, probably 2 hours before the children. Lest you think more highly of me than you ought, I took a nap after lunch! :o) Here's what they had for breakfast: Pumpkin Bread, Pink Lady Apples and Hard-Boiled Eggs. We made the bread yesterday and I boiled the eggs this morning-super easy and filling breakfast! All my beloved Students! We are doing grades: 9, 8, 6/7, 1, k and tot school. They all woke up with great attitudes and only a little apprehension regarding the work load ahead.
This morning during my quiet time, the Lord gave me a scripture for us to use as our scripture focus for the year:
“Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another, even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. But above all these things, put on love, which is the bond of perfection. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.” Colossians 3:12-15

Oh how I love that scripture! We read it together this morning after our family Balancing the Sword time! I've had ample opportunity throughout the day to remind them to put kindness or longsuffering! Perfect! God is good!

Strawberry starting on her Vocabulary.
Banana Taffy starting on his Vocabulary also. This is a new subject for them, so a little more "exciting" I guess, to see what it's all about!

Chocolate Taffy started with Algebra.
Bubble Gum working on a Geoboard worksheet. This was her first time trying this, she really liked it. She's making a "Z" there.

This is USUALLY how Chocolate Taffy looks when he's reading, anywhere BUT the chair! Thank God for homeschooling!

A new thing for Blue-Raspberry to do: Baby Lambs Book of Art. He learned about coloring in the same direction and facial feature placement. His clown turned out really cute!

I spent the whole weekend getting ready for today. I cleaned and cooked almost a week's worth of dinners. I did tons of laundry yesterday, honestly I've been a little bored this afternoon. Don't tell anybody! It seems I worked myself out of work! I don't even have to make dinner, because I did it yesterday...wonder what I should until dinner? :o) I'm sure I'll find something!

Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. Good job! Have a great school year. Love Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a good mom!! :) Your kids are blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO impressed- nap or not, up two hours before the children? A yummy breakfast served on a darling dish, children are all dressed nice and well-groomed & you got a great photo of them- good job!!! :)

    I enjoyed reading your posts & the video of your littlest was adorable! :)

    Love, Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great day....you go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!