Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bee Boy Returns

Remember my old blog and how my second son was called Bee Boy? That's because he is a amateur beekeeper. We brought hives with us to MN all the way from WA and thankfully they survived the trip in the subzero temperatures, even with a layover in SD for a while! Now the bees are thriving and they are living happily at a Montessori School not too far from our home. As part of the arrangement Father and Son agreed to do a little class on Bees for the children. This happened just the other day. Here they are...


The children had NO FEAR! They were so brave and so well behaved! According to Mr. Taffy, Chocolate did just great! The children got to taste "fresh from the hive" honey and they even asked if they could "pet the bees!" Funny!

One of the mothers gave us the BEST thank you gift! Look at this magnificent honey cake?! Wow! I've never made anything like this, boy was it rich and delicious! We were so blessed!

I'm happy Chocolate had this experience and I hope he gets to do it for the school for years to come, it's going to be a great addition to his "school" portfolio!
Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

5 comments:

  1. What a great experience! Were you there taking photos? I hope you got the recipe for that honey cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MOM! NO, it wasn't me taking Photos, it was actually the teacher. I just sent the camera along! And no I didn't get the recipe for the cake...NO WAY am I going to make that gorgeous fat-laden treat for my family! Too time consuming and too rich! But...it was such a treat to be made something for a change and it really was delicious, so I thoroughly enjoyed it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Griffin is sooooo proud of you! That is amazing! Being able to teach and hold a class is wonderful - good Job Bee Boy...and Bee Daddy!
    Hugs to you both...smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go Chocolate! That is wonderful they were able to teach the little children about bees. Great practice for public speaking skills don't ya think ;) Yep, definitely a plus for the portfolio!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool! I'm glad the bees made the trip and I know the class was blessed by their lesson. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!