Sunday, September 13, 2009

TOT School

Okay, third attempt here...my lack of computer skills are really revealing themselves...UGH!

TOT school is up and running here on the Taffy Pull! This was our first week "back-to-school" Here's what my little Laffy Taffy did:

This is just cute! Laffy and I have this conversation at least 5 times a day. It goes something like this.

Laffy- "Mom, whadjew make?" Me-"I don't know. What did you make?" Laffy-"Wolls!" So here is a picture of him, watching the wolls bake! He wuvs wolls!


Finger Painting! He totally loved this activity!

No texture issues here!

This was fun, but once he figured out the sticking in and the stacking up parts, he lost interest. According to the box, he's a little young for this still, so I will bring it out again and see what he thinks about it later.

I put his wooden blocks on the train table to see what he would do. The colored blocks make different sounds when shaken.

He was concentrating so hard, stacking those blocks just so. He played with this for a long time! I think it helped that he could stand up while he was playing.

Not too bad for our first week back to school! Honestly though, Laffy Taffy is at the perfect age! I love this 2ish age, he's an adorable, curious, teachable sponge that still takes naps!
Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

6 comments:

  1. He is so cute fingerpainting! I really like the tools in the peg board activity too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wuv wolls too!

    My tot tried her hand at painting this week too. Not finger, stamping with the circle from her shape sorter. Boy did she love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness he has grown so much!!!! He is SOOOOO cute!!!

    Love, the other Carisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fact that he grew bored with the stacking pegs in the ped board make me think he has a very high IQ and very high creativity. The thing with the pegs is that there are not very many options. With the wooden blocks, the options are almost unlimited. They can be placed in any pattern, stacked in lots of different ways. They can stand up or lay down. So much many more options for the creative mind!

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet post! He is CUTE!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!