Sunday, September 27, 2009

TOT School

Well, despite our CRAZY strange week, I did manage to get some TOT School in with Laffy Taffy. The beginning of our week found us at a Apple Orchard! What a great day! You can see Laffy didn't really appreciate feeding the goat, but we got a good chuckle out of watching him.We brought our lunch, here's Laffy enjoying his picnic!
Later in the week he played with this sorting toy. All we are concentrating on now is the fine motor skill of putting the shapes on the pegs, but eventually we will do patterns and color matching. I bought this toy when Banana Taffy was a toddler, at a garage for $1.00!! I will NEVER get rid of it!! I can imagine my grandchildren working with this someday!

We did "say" colors too, but pretty much everything is "Boo" and "Geen."

This was during my normal school time with Bubble Gum. Laffy Taffy brought this shape sorting ball, sat down at Blue-Raspberry's desk and commenced learning!

Another thing he has been playing with all week is Duplo's. We have a million of them that we inherited from a wonderful Aunt...All the young children have been enjoying them this week. I brought them up from the playroom and put them on the train table. Mostly Laffy likes taking everything apart that Blue-Raspberry and Bubble Gum have created, while they DO NOT appreciate this, I think he must be learning something from doing it, because he is really concentrated and purposeful in in his movements!
Have a great week with your TOT!
Mrs. Taffy

10 comments:

  1. My daughter is 15 months and also takes apart all of her older brother's (4 yrs old) lego creations. I do believe they learn quite a bit that way. If nothing else it sure teaches the older siblings patience, leadership skills and how to constructively handle the situation. Not always fun for mom though. =)

    http://rogersfamilycircus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! What a great deal on that stacker toy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter would probably love a pegboard like that! Ill have to keep my eyes open for one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny about the goat. LOL My tot doesn't enjoy them either. I have a picture of her looking behind herself in fear. She was checking to make sure the goat we had just seen wasn't following.

    The only animals she seems to like are those that are stuffed. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great stacking toy! I have a pegboard that all my kids have loved for years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that sorting toy! And the blog-names you have for your children are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely need to get some of these for Ephraim. I need to hit those yard sales. I then need to keep them up high so the pieces don't get lost. This is a problem here at home. The little guys seem to get into these toys and then loose most of the pieces under couches, beds, and whatever place you think little guys would put stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lucky boy! His intense concentration reminds me a lot of Banana Taffy's mode at that age. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Yeah! Intense like Banana! BUT, this is BIG BUT...Laffy is WAY more EASY-GOING! Thank God for that! lol A blessing in my "old" age!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We started our week with apple picking at a local orchard too! That sorting toy is really neat; looks like a classic to me!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!