Friday, October 2, 2009

Craft Time

For our Friday Craft Time we did Apple Painting. I know we've been doing only painting so far...they just like it SO much, so I keep thinking of new things for them to paint with! Besides, I love all the beautiful bold "art" work hanging on the playroom wall!

We had some big apples and some very small apples and I cut them both the regular way and the fancy way. Did you know there is a star hiding in the middle of the apple? God's creation is just so cool! It took a little time to get the hang of it, so these first pictures are for practice.


After the practice page was done, I gave them a bigger piece of paper and hand drew a tree on it. They filled the tree with apples and painted the outline! I think they turned out really cute!
This picture below is Bubble Gum's, I guess I forgot to take a picture with her holding her picture. When they finished this project they both wanted to finger paint, so they did that for a long time before we were finally able to clean up. (They painted the stems on too.)

We don't have any scheduled days off in the month of October. It's going to be tough I think! I wanted to plan a field trip but I didn't...I do have the mind to take them some fun places on the weekends if it works out. We have a lot of work to do getting things ready for the winter here. I have bags of bulbs to plant, a garden to till, leaves to rake, marshmellows to roast and commitments to keep. So while I think it will be tough, I'm also so happy because it's stable!
Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

3 comments:

  1. How fun! And I didn't know about the star hiding in the middle of the apple. I just borrowed your "fall leaf" arts and crafts idea today with my kids. They loved it. Now I'll be borrowing this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Green peppers and oranges make nice stamps too - and the older kids would enjoy making their own stamps out of potatoes!

    I noticed Banana's photo - ready for his interview! Grandpa was very pleased! Let us know how it went!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like something I could do with my kids. How cute!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!