Friday, October 30, 2009

Thrifty Friday

Okay, so I went to a couple different thrift stores this week. Mainly because I was just a little bit bored, maybe bored istn't the right word, more like unsettled. I went to Goodwill on Thursday. I had to run up the library anyway, so I decided to stop in and see what I could find. It just happened to be Toddler Thursday, so anything child related was 50% off. What a deal!

Two shirts for Blue-Raspberry, the tie-dyed one is for later, but it's a Land's End and it's NICE! I think I got the sweatshirt for 1.99 and the top for .99.
A movie for .50, some dominos for Laffy, so he'll leave the real ones alone and a container to keep them in, total: $1.50.
This is an awesome find! I've been wanting to get one of these for Blue-Raspberry for years and I've seen them from time to time, but this time it was so cheap!! $1.50 He's been having SO MUCH fun rearranging the different pieces and racing the marbles through!

A bag of ball-pit balls for Laffy Taffy. The whole bag was .50!! He's been having a blast throwing them all over the house. The big boys have been chucking them at each other in a sort of battle...they don't hurt though, they weigh nothing!

Today I stopped at the Salvation Army. I haven't been there in ages! Their prices are better than Goodwill, but their store is VERY disorganized!! Here's a new outfit for Bubble Gum: Jeans, turtle neck and jacket-$4.00
A shirt for Strawberry-$1.49, a shirt for Bubble Gum-$1.49 and a flannel dress for Bubble Gum-$1.99.
We've had a week full of emotional up's and down's, normally I clean to feel "more in control" of things. And trust me, I did a LOT of cleaning this week! But it was fun to find a few good deals too!
Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

2 comments:

  1. You are a shopping inspiration! Maybe I should branch out and look at clothes too. Do you ever buy thrift store clothes for yourself? And the toys! why buy new? Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!