Friday, November 27, 2009

The day after...

Yesterday was a really nice day, and all considering it went really well! We didn't manage to do all our regular traditions, but I'm not completely saddened by it, it's just where we are at. :o)

The day started with Laffy Taffy pouring the orange juice on the floor...When did he get tall enough to reach the counter top? My rug is still a little damp! After a breakfast of Farmer Casserole and Pumpkin Bread, and what was left of the orange juice, we took a Christmas Picture. Wow, that was hard! It took 4 different takes. The light must have been wrong or something because my camera would NOT focus! The one above is the one we settled on. Everyone is facing the camera (even little stinker), all eyes are open... I like how everyone is sitting, some faces are clearly tired of smiling, but overall I LOVE it and can't wait to send them out!

After pictures, or maybe before, can't remember, Mr. Taffy and Strawberry got the turkey into the roaster. The was the first time we used a roaster, it sure made it nice to baste the bird and it cooked faster than the regular oven!

Here's our snack/lunch spread. This is special because my little people get to serve themselves, walking around the table, taking what they want. On the menu: crackers, cheese, summer sausage, deviled eggs, olives and pumpkin bread. The kid's had Cherry 7-up to drink. :o)
Here's my little Bubble Gum, she had SO MUCH fun getting her plate ready!
Strawberry setting the Thanksgiving table.
Bubble Gum and Laffy Taffy playing on the stairs with pick-up sticks. The Big Kids were outside--Chocolate Taffy organized his own version of the Amazing Race. The cousins all had a great time, a memory made that they will be talking about as adults I'm sure!After the race was over, I set up a table for the children to decorate sugar cookies. I couldn't believe how many sprinkles they could pile on those cookies! This was so much fun!
He ate three...and asked for more! This child wins the award for eating the most. What I mean by that is...even though his big brothers ate more than him, they are bigger than him. Blue-Raspberry ate as much as his older brother's and he's half their size. We just watched him in amazement!

A Thanksgiving Casualty...Poor baby!
At about six our friends came over for dessert. THERE WAS SO MUCH! It was so fun though! I literally kicked everybody out at 9:30--I was fading fast! We mananged to get the kitchen cleaned up and the floor vacuumed before we went to bed and I'm so glad I did! It was wonderful to wake up to a clean kitchen! Banana has already informed me he doesn't want breakfast. Bubble Gum has already told me she's starving. Guess what we are having? PIE
Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

5 comments:

  1. What great photos! That looks like a fabulous time. I love that you all get dressed up for Thanksgiving. Everyone looked so nice! Lovely memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best thing to eat for breakfast PIE!!

    Looks like lots of fun. So glad you enjoyed your day. I still need to download all my pics and post our day. I am just chillin at home today cleaning up a bit and who knows what else. Not yet planning on taking the tree out. Maybe this weekend. We'll see. :)

    Gotta run....

    Have a happy "Black Friday"! I personally won't be facing the mad crowds. I might talk my hubby in taking me out to Starbucks for a cup of coffee, that I can handle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful looking family! That first photo of your children all smiling ... gorgeous! Sounds like you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the pictures! The one of all the kids is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice pictures, family and blog. Like the new GreatGrandaughter she looks like you.
    Grandma and Grandpa Johnston

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!