Friday, November 13, 2009

Fine Arts Requirement

Minnesota's homeschool laws including teaching "fine arts." I actually had to look that up to see what it meant...Anyway, in an effort to comply with the law we did a really fun thing last night. A college not to far from our house, gave a free children's concert featuring, among other things, Peter and the Wolf.

Here's the girls waiting for the concert to begin. Pre-concernt activities included making masks. Meet the Wolf and the Cat.
Even my big boys were there...even though I had to MAKE them come! They did end up enjoying the evening though, the music was upbeat and beautiful and we had great seats!
Here's a flash-less picture of the orchestra.
I've got some other things up my sleeve to fulfill our Fine Arts requirement, but this event, one that I didn't plan (remember what I said about God filling in the gaps that I miss-this is one of those times!) will be a fun memory and great addition to our homeschool portfolio!
Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

2 comments:

  1. Just recently found your blog and enjoying it. I love fine arts. We have a couple of fine arts classes that we attend, but our state doesn't require it.
    Blessings
    diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so glad that you were able to come with us! We had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!