Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Blessings abound...look for them...thank God for them...!! Blessings to you!

Remember the meaning of Thanksgiving

The smell of Apple Pie, drifts through my nose.

I feel like I could fly, but I still only touch my toes.

The turkey sits and bakes, while our Mother makes

Fresh hot buns, tons and tons.

Thanksgiving Day, the best of the year.

No one can say, that we shed not a tear.

At the thought of what the pilgrims

Endured through morn, noon, evening and torn.

Torn from loved ones, great and small.

Love kept them together, family and all.

So remember that day,

And to people do say,

Give Thanks of Thanksgiving.

For all that you have

Father, Mother and sister May.

Don't think of the food, presents and more,

Give thanks to God the Sovereign Lord!

Writen by Strawberry Taffy


Thanking God for his abundant and steady provision,
Mrs. Taffy

2 comments:

  1. And to you! Lovely Poem Strawberry!

    Love,

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful poem!!

    Could you let Strawberry know the girls are out of town till Friday night or Saturday sometime and I don't think they will be able to get in touch with her till then. They went to their Aunt's house to make Christmas ornaments. So emails won't get replies till they get back.

    Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! We did!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!