Friday, November 20, 2009

Harriet Island Park

This is the St. Paul skyline from this little island known as Harriet Island, named after Harriet Tubman I believe. It's such a neat park, right on the mighty Mississippi River. There were barges moving slowly along in the river and you can see the paddle boats in the picture there, those are running in the warmer months, one of them is named the Snelling after Josiah Snelling. The reason we were here is because Mr. Taffy had a meeting in St.Paul and we decided to tag along, while he was at the meeting, we enjoyed the sunshine and mild weather and completely vacant park (with amazing bathrooms I might add).


Somebody abandoned this toy at the park and Laffy had fun trying it out. I got my wonderful children to pose for this crazy picture and it turned out so nice! Can you see the bridge in the background, that one goes over the Mississippi and over the island. There are two other bridges that go onto the island from St. Paul and they are both really beautiful.
After the meeting we did a little grocery shopping. We had so much fun buying turkeys! We bought 5!!! They were .37 a pound, so a 20lb bird was about 8.00! What a deal! I will be able to make so many dinners out of these turkeys! I already put one in the fridge to start thawing for Thanksgiving and the rest are in the freezer, we'll probably eat one a month until they are all gone! I am so Thankful!
Have a happy weekend!
Mrs. Taffy

5 comments:

  1. What a fun day!! I love the look on Banana Taffy's face...priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day!
    We are ready for snow...the sky is blue but it is soooooooo cold! Just need some moisture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos! What a beautiful day you had! And FIVE turkeys! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun Fun Fun and more fun!! Thanks SOOOO Much for taking us mom! You're the best mom in the world! I wouldn't trade you for all the money in the world!
    Tirzah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh I LOVE that pic of your bunch!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!