Friday, November 6, 2009

Thrifty Friday

I don't have much to share on this Friday's episode of Thrifty Friday. I did get a couple good after "halloween" deals though. These cloth pumpkins are the best thing I found, I think they are actually more Thanksgiving-ish, but I guess this store thought they were halloween. Needless to say, the bigger one was $2.00 and the little one was $1.00.
At the same store I found a bag of mini granola bars for $1.00 that are perfect for the diaper bag! (obviously some are in the diaper bag already, that's why the pile is little!)
I also got a big bag of Tootsie Rolls for $1.00 but I'm saving those for stockings! That was hard to stash away, I love to give my children treats, but I know I'm going to appreciate having them on Christmas Eve when I'm stuffing stockings!
Another thrifty thing I did this week was unload my garage fridge and freezer. As far as I can tell, the fridge is still running even though it's cold out there. I just thought, why pay for that electricity? It's cold enough in the garage now that if I need too, I can just store stuff out there, but I do have a full size freezer in the basement and since money is so tight I can't exactly stock up on stuff to stick in the fridge anyway. I'm even considering selling the thing...BUT we do have a job lead and we are anxiously awaiting a call back. Please pray! While we still are walking this all out in faith, we are still human and struggle with worry and are begging for some relief! :o)
Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

1 comment:

  1. Love the pumpkins. How cute!! We found some 90% halloween candy on sale at Walmart this week. A gummy bat for $0.10 and candy corn for $0.18 each. The only thing was that the candycorn was caramel apple and caramel flavored. It turned out to be NASTY!!! Blah!!! We gave it all away! lol

    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!