Thursday, December 10, 2009

Advent

" Advent. Adventus. Ecce advenit Dominator Dominus. Behold, the Lord, the Ruler, is come."
That's a quote from the beginning of this gem of a book! We've been reading this book, and two more of it's series for years now. I think we must have started this tradition when Banana Taffy was 5 or 6. I just can't recommend this book or the other two: Bartholomew's Passages and Tabitha's Travels (currently out of print) enough! Every evening during the 4 weeks before Christmas, we set aside some time each night to focus on the reason for what we are celebrating. The first year we read this book I practically wept at the ending because my heart was so filled with awe and love towards God. Even last night when I was reading I was getting choked up, it's just that meaningful! And funny too! We were all laughing out loud!

She likes to knit while she listens. :o)

This picture was taken earlier in the day, but this is normally what he does while we read!
And when the reading for the day is over, we take some time to pray together as a family and thank the Lord for His provision and Goodness.
"Stir us up, O Lord, to make ready for your only-begotten Son. May we be able to serve you with purity of soul through the coming of him who lives and reigns." Advent Prayer
Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

3 comments:

  1. We LOVE these books too! Although this is only our second year reading them. I sure hope they publish Tabitha's Travels next year for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realy like that book series. We have not read Tabitha's Travels. Strawberry Taffy looks like she is working hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the recommendations. I'm always on the look out for good books. I have added these to my wish list on amazon.com after reading up on them. They sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!