Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December 1, 2009

Yesterday was a FULL day! So full in fact, the my little guy fell asleep on the couch right after lunch. He must have really been tired because he NEVER does this. Isn't he sweet? The main excitement of yesterday was decorating our gigantic tree! Chocolate and Banana were good enough to put the lights on for me. I think we used 700 lights! It's a BIG tree!
I know these pictures are awful...I can't figure out how to get good pictures without the flash and with Christmas lights...
Before decorating the tree with ornaments, we had some hot chocolate-Taffy Style!
Yum! Yum!

Let the decorating begin! It was so chaotic! Each child has their own box of ornaments that have been given to them (mostly by my mom) and this year I just let them go at it. Blue-Raspberry and Bubble Gum each dropped and broke an ornament...maybe this wasn't such a good idea! At one point the tree started tipping over...too many ornaments? Thankfully Chocolate Taffy was right there when it was happening and caught the tree!

Right before the tree tipped, it almost fell on Bubble Gum! (Notice Bubble Gum's Eclectic outfit...she picked that out all on her own.)
Mr. Taffy trying to fix the problem, it took them a while to get the tree steady and I think I heard something about fishing line and nails...I didn't ask!
After decorating the tree we spent time doing our advent tradition which I will blog about another time. It is wonderful though!
Today is another full day, but it shouldn't include broken ornaments and tipping trees! Hopefully!
Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. That was fun to share! Thank you! Beautiful tree! We will probably get ours in another 10 days if I can hold P. back that long!

    For your Christmas Tree photos, try just bracing your camera on something steady - the railing, the counter, the back of a chair. They should come out a little better. I have a mono-pod (tripod with one leg!) that is handy, but usually inside I just do it the old fashioned way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! Love the shot of your little guy asleep on the couch-priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you did your hot chocolate so that's what I did for our family this evening while watching a movie together. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tirzah! I bet your family feels SO LOVED by you now too! It's the little things...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!