Saturday, January 16, 2010

Tot School Week 13

Most of our week has been about Potty-Training. It over-shadows and controls all we do. So I didn't plan too much Tot School, but Laffy managed to do a few things other than sit on the potty and eat M & M's.

This impressed me the most. We have a Lauri airplane puzzle that he keeps trying to do and I keep taking it away because he ends up getting frustrated and leaving the puzzle pieces littered all over the place. So finally, I put that airplane puzzle away and got out this one, not thinking he could actually do it, but thinking he would like the cars. Well, shock to ME! He could actually do it! It's tricky because the cars are only slightly different and you really have to look at them to see the differences.


Yup, he did it! Wow! Good job Laffy!
The rest of the activities weren't nearly as impressive.
I did teach him the name of the diamond shape. After he finished this shape puzzle, he did another one and picked out and named the diamond shape on his own with out prompting.
Laffy made this activity up on his own and I liked it so I thought I would share what he was doing. He's scooping the counting bears with a little toy spoon. This kept him busy for quite a while. I did try to have him sort the animals and bears by color, but that didn't last very long.
Shape sorter...we always loose the ball...it's got to be down there somewhere!
Bead stringing.
And the Leap thingy. I don't know what this is called, but I know a lot of TOT's have this, so I thought my tot should too! lol Christmas time dontcha know? He loves this thing! He can sing the alphabet!
Even though we didn't do much TOT School, I'm so pleased with his Potty-School! He's doing so well! And if I might brag for just a minute...don't ever let anybody tell you not to have a baby in your 30's, you're middle to upper thirty's to be more specific. This child is such a blessing to all of us and his countenance, I feel, is a gift from the Lord. He's so easy-going and loving. I always tell people, God had mercy on me in my "old-age!." I wouldn't mind another "mercy" in my even older old-age! HA! HA!
Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy
Remember to click on the button above to see MORE TOTSchool posts!

15 comments:

  1. Good job Laffy Taffy! And good job Aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I might need tips on potty training. Mine wanted to for a couple weeks so I know he can but then he decided he was done. I don't know if I should push through and take away diapers or just wait until he is ready. Anyways, it looks like you still got a lot done to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! My son has the shape sorter & he loves it so does my baby! Nice selection of actitives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My little one likes Lauri puzzles too. I have the car one but not the others--I'll have to look for them! I had all 3 of my kids in my 30s. My most wonderful blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had a lot of great activities! We love our shape sorter too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like potty training is really moving forward! I cant wait to be joining you in the potty-school soon. A friend of ours has that leap toy and my kids play with it for a long time anytime we visit. Maybe we need one! Fun week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad that potty-training is going well for you!! We have that LeapFrog fridge ABC toy too and I love it!! Looks like it was still a very fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lot of great activities!! We love the LeapFrog frig thing too. I found the LF Word Whammer at Walmart after Christmas on clearance for $10!! We love that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great week and way to go with the puzzles!! We also LOVE our counting bears over here. In fact, they got a LOT of use this week, since we talked about bears.

    Anyway, hope the potty training is going well!
    -Jill

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great week!! And Yay for the potty training!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a question?? Why do you use the trays to place the activities on? Just wondered about it since I saw it in your other post also.

    He is so cute! And so smart. :)

    You wanna hear something funny? I dreamt we met you guys. It was rather funny. We all had gone up to visit. You guys weren't home but we still came into your house (we would never do that LOL) and when you came home you saw us through your window and looked really surprised. I pointed to my face to say "YOu know who I am" and then you realized it was me. Your whole family came in and we hugged and I remember hugging on Strawberry who was very tall...(I know she is compared to my 5'1 height). Anyway, wanted to share that funny dream. It was actually a very nice dream. :)

    I'm still using the cloth diapers. Can you believe it? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ladies! Thank you all for your lovely comments! I just HAVE to share because I'm so thrilled-Laffy did ANOTHER poop in the potty last night! He always acts so surprised, like where did that come from! lol

    Chris-I LOVE your dream! Wouldn't that be something?! I'm very proud of you for being diligent and continuing to use the cloth diapers. I know your husband appreciates your sacrifice and effort! Good job! Regarding the trays, I'm not too organized with how I use them, but mainly my purpose is the keep the activity contained and give it boundaries. Somehow that helps them focus better, not to mention keeps the little pieces from ending up on the floor. Some moms set the trays up ahead of time and put different activities on each tray and let their child choose which one they want to do. I don't have the space for that, so I just choose things during school and stack them up next to me on the table, as the child finishes one activity, I'm ready with the next. It's such a fun tool, colorful, just the right size, sturdy.

    Have a blessed day ladies. May God fill you with Grace and Joy and cause you to DELIGHT in your motherhood!

    Joyfully,
    Mrs. Taffy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even your "off" week had some good activities! The Fridge Phonics toy is great...it's on our fridge, too. (I'm introducing one new letter a week, so we currently have only A,B,C & D on our fridge.)

    Hope the potty training is going well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We just started using our first Lauri puzzles. We love them. Looks like such a fun week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am just about ready to start potty training my 2nd. I am hoping it goes smoother than my 1st!
    I have been eying Laurie puzzles for so long. Every time I see them I want to get one but haven't yet. We have so many puzzles already.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!