Saturday, January 23, 2010

TOT School-Week 14

I'm just going to start out with a cute picture. My mom will especially appreciate it, since she is the one who made the monkey! Laffy Taffy had a lot of fun with his sock monkey this week, hugging, dancing, throwing, wrestling, stretching, etc. It started out cute, like this picture, then it got just a little out. of. control. :o)
Here's Laffy "helping" with a puzzle. Yeah right! Blue-Raspberry is VERY patient though and made him feel like he was helping.
You've seen these before...but we worked on them again.
I've been just slightly irritable this week, so I didn't have my normal wherewithal to manage three little learners. But I did manage to print and cut this fun craft out. I'm sure you've all seen it on Totally Tots. I put the glue on the back and let him put it where ever he wanted on the paper. He was SO PROUD of himself! Bubble Gum made one too, I hung them both up in the play room side by side and Bubble Gum announced that Laffy's Snowman looked like it was melting. Smart girl!
Stacking, stacking, stacking...
This was a little more structured in that I had him put the pegs in color rows. Then we counted the pegs. I just gave him a handful of random pegs. He did very well and knows all these colors both by name and recognition.
I saw Carisa do this with her TOT, so I thought I would see if Laffy could do it. Sure enough! I divided the cards, starting with easy shapes and the moving on to harder shapes. They were equally easy for him. He enjoyed it though and ended up playing with the blocks for quite a while after we finished this activity.

Normally when Laffy and Bubble Gum play with blocks it goes something like, Bubble Gum builds and Laffy destroys. This time I actually got him to build. He was so cute, he kept asking me if he could knock it over, I kept saying yes. Then he would say, "not yet" and add another block.
And another block...
And another block...
And finally when it was just how he wanted it...CRASH!
We've still had a very big Potty-School focus. I would say he's potty-trained though. He's telling me when he needs to go, pooping in the potty too. He had a little accident today, but he fell asleep in the car and was totally out of it when we got home...after that, he did great! Speaking of getting home, we went on errands and he was wearing regular underwear the whole time! Went potty at Walmart with no trouble! Wonderful!
Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

9 comments:

  1. Looks loke you all had a lot of fun. Just out of curiosity, with 6 kids what do you do with all of their school stuff and toys? We have 3 children but are planning on having more and this has always peeked my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love the monkey photo! Yes, those monkeys do create a lot of chaos! They are so much fun to throw around and they just keep on smiling! I seem to remember your brother's had the end of his tail chewed off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I hope I have as much fun as you have with your childern when I get older. I am sure I will use many of your ideas for my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela,
    In this house I have an extra room, it's in the basement and is probably supposed to be a family room because there is a fireplace in there, but I have turned it into our school room. Our three older children use those big Costco tables for their desks, complete with computers. They keep their school books and supplies on their desks. My little ones share a table too and I just keep their stuff in baskets around the room. When my first three were younger and we didn't have a school room, I would keep their school books in smallish totes, stacked in the kitchen. We would get them out at school time, their totes would have their books and pencil boxes in them. Then I would usually have some kind of closet I designated as the homeschool closet for supplies and games and puzzles. We've lived in tiny little apartments and huge 3000 square foot houses, homeschooling fits anywhere! I'm thankful to have a whole room now, but know that might not be possible in the future. I'm constantly going through stuff and reorganizing to keep our homeschool stuff from taking over our whole house! lol

    Joyfully,
    Mrs. Taffy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing all your ideas complete with pics! I use so many of them with the little ones in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you have some fantastic ideas and I love all the supplies you have. Looks like a fun week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of those peg boards is on my list to pick up sometime soon - it looks like a great and versatile activity. Congrats on the potty-schooling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, what a beautiful and blessed family you have! And second, love all the activities this week! I know my daughter, Maddie, would love those blocks. I really should purchase some because building (and knocking down) towers is a huge delight for her!

    Thanks for sharing such great activities!
    -Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had an irritable week too. It was a lack of sun here, for weeks. You had a great week. I love Laffy's snowman! He did such a great job. I bet Charger would like to make one, too. The sock monkey is perfect :) What a great grandma!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!