Friday, February 19, 2010

Equilibrio

I've had a few questions about this fantastic learning tool, so I'll share a little about it now. I've had this sitting on my shelf for a couple years, thinking my older children would use it. They haven't picked it up on their own, but now that I'm thinking about it, I think I will put this into their schedule come third quarter. It's just fantastic that it can be used for the little ones and the teens! I bought the bundle pack, I have all three books that go with this. Each book get progressively harder, requiring MORE THINKING!

Here's my newly turned 5 year old mastering an easy problem. The hardest part is getting the blocks to stay put, with shaky hands and wiggly bottoms, it's easy to accidentally knock them over before they finish!
My 7 year old. He will pick this out on his own to "play" with, but this child also likes to play chess and has since he was 4, so I don't think that's necessarily "normal." lol
The first book is fairly easy in that you can tell which block they are using to make the model. But in the other books, the blocks take on different angles, and I've been stumped more than once!
Depending on the temperament of your child, this could be a frustrating activity. But with some help and patience, it's a great thinking skills tool that can grow with your child.
Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy
P.S. I linked the top picture to one of my favorite homeschool companies, I'm sure Amazon sells it, but why not support a homeschool family instead. They will surely appreciate it MUCH MORE! :o)

2 comments:

  1. That looks like great fun! I wish I had it when I was in the market for educational fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for answering my question. I know I will be picking this up for someone's birthday or Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!