Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Homemakey stuff

This morning when I woke up...well, let's just there were many things OUT OF PLACE! And I am a self-described clutter-a-phobic. So, I went around and collected all the little things that were laying all over the place and put them on the kitchen table. (Some of that stuff is mine by the way!) And after breakfast, all the little people, took all their little things and put them away. Mess taken care of!
Is this pretty? I just think this is so pretty! It's called Harmony Soup Mix, it's organic. This is what's in it: split peas, pearl barley, red beans, kidney beans, red rice, white wheat, pinto beans. I'm sure there is something else...I can't remember now. I just can't stop looking at it! We are having it for dinner tomorrow night. The directions say to soak mixture in water over night in fridge and then cook with chicken and veggies and herbs! Oh yum! I'm hoping to copy this mixture if we like it. I didn't even know there was such a thing as Red Rice.

Oh my...poor Bubble Gum. She had a little accident, playing around with Strawberry, she fell, right on her sweet face. She knocked those front teeth SO lose! She was bleeding SO much! Well, in all my years as a Mommy, my most favorite "mouth owie" medicine is Tea Tree Oil. Takes care of the swelling almost instantly! Tastes nasty, but is amazing! I've been applying the oil 2-3 times a day, her teeth are tightening up. This picture was taken yesterday, today there is no bruising left, her teeth are still little wiggly, I'm hoping we can get them to tighten up fully so she can keep them for a couple more years. I'm not letting her bite anything and I'm not letting her run around like she likes too, but she's being a good sport about it all.
That's about it for now!
Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

9 comments:

  1. Oh My!! My sweet girl. Wish I could give her a BIG hug!! I hope they don't hurt too bad. Give her a HUGE GIGANTIC BIGGEST ever hug and kiss from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is no clutter girl! I could fill up two tables of stuff my kids leave laying around. I realized we are not very good at putting things away after taking them out. This frustrates me. But I'm learning! :)

    Ouch....poor little bubble gum. Tsavah did the same thing when she was about 3 or 4 yrs old. She banged her teeth so hard they turned gray. Thank God when her grown up teeth came in they were strong and white.

    I never knew this about tea tree oil. I have some. Thanks for the tip. So you put this on any mouth accident? Does it work for other owies, also?

    So glad she is healing up.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris~Yes, tea tree oil is good for ALL owies! It's very strong though, so you don't need much, I apply with a q-tip usually. Besides mouth owies, my other favorite thing to us it for is bee stings, even wasps stings. Swelling goes down fast and it removes the pain! My bottle of tea tree oil says not to use it in the mouth, but I've been doing that for so long, and not had any negative side effects, except maybe the taste. But I just let them spit, and it's not a big deal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh... poor bubble-gum! Hope your feeling better!
    ~Alli

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your organization skills...its a gift and a joy to be around!

    Bubble...you're still just as cute as can be...hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tea tree oil tip!! I use it all the time for laundry (cloth diapers) and know it has many uses but mouth boo-boo's I would have never thought!! I will certainly keep this one in my back pocket my 18 mo old already had a chipped front tooth from falling and pushing her tooth back up into the gum...that girl is going to run me ragged :) Hope Bubble-gum has a speedy recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard of red rice. My husband spent most of his summers during high school pulling the stuff from the rice fields. I never knew any one ate it though. I wonder if it is the same stuff? I'm always looking for a new soup recipe. How was it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amanda~The soup was awesome! It had the right mix of textures and the rice and barley were a little chewy. I will definately try to make it again. I don't know where to get red rice yet though, maybe Azure. I haven't looked into it. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!