Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Just so you know I'm still here...

I know, I know...my last blog post is missing. Sorry about that. The tax thing didn't work out like we thought, so in my attempt to make myself feel better, I just deleted it. Pooh!

Here's what's been going on at my house:

I have the older kids working on this world geography puzzle. Banana Taffy has a final in Geography this week, so I thought this puzzle would help in studying. They are all really getting in to it! This is Chocolate Taffy here, working on the puzzle BEFORE school this morning, I think it was 7:30! My little ones have a LOT of pent-up energy. So I set up a little game for them to use up some of that energy. This brought them a lot of joy and kept them busy for a good 45 minutes! Afterward they played with play-doh until lunch time.

Some other words that describe my day are:
greasy hand prints
plugged-up vacuum cleaner
clean towels
geography notebooks
popcorn EVERYWHERE
homemade mac & cheese
American Girl doll surprise
Mr. Taffy's Migrane
It's hard to blog when I'm feeling faint-hearted. I was reading in I Thessalonians yesterday and Paul was exhorting the believers there to "comfort the fainthearted." When I read that I thought, that's my problem. I guess it's nice to know that the New Testament believers had some of the same feelings. But then Paul goes on to say, "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." Okay! I can do that! So here's a new list of things to be thankful:
~Greasy hand prints on my table means there were healthy children eating there! LOVE THAT!
~I'm thankful for a son who is willing to unplug my cheap vacuum cleaner to make his Mom happy!
~I'm thankful for a washing machine that can wash all our bath towels, hand towels and bathroom rug in one load!
~Thankful for a printer that works to make these lovely geography notebooks for Blue-Raspberry and Bubble Gum Taffy.
~I'm thankful that popcorn is a cheap snack, even though it makes such an ENORMOUS mess!
~My mac & cheese is getting better and better tasting!
~I'm giddy with joy over the American Girl surprise my mom is working on for my daughters!
~I'm so thankful that I listened to the Holy Spirit's promting to give Mr. Taffy an alka-seltzer. He told me it was just in the nick of time to get the pain under control. The migrane was sinus induced! Phew!
I'm sure there's more, but that's enough for now. I have been praying, constantly. I think the Lord must be getting tired of me saying the same things all the time! :o)
Tomorrow we get to go pick up our Azure order, hopefully we'll get some potatoes too!
Rejoicing-on purpose!
Mrs. Taffy

9 comments:

  1. Rejoicing - on purpose with you! I feel the same way....loved how you ended your post - it was beautiful! You need to write your own book...really!

    Rejoicing Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted you to know that I have been reading your blog for a couple of months now and I want to say thanks. I am new to the blogging world and I am so grateful to to be able to read things from other homeschooling moms. Your family is inspirational and encouraging :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeper-You are too sweet to me! lol!

    Average Mom-Thank you for visiting! I'm so happy to have you here! I'm glad my moments of self-pity aren't clouding the joy I really have toward the Lord and my family!

    God's Blessings to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ARE inspiring! I want to make my own list! If it wasn't for the self pity once in a while, the joy wouldn't feel nearly so sweet. You do have a beautiful life and your hardships now are really making you appreciate it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have that puzzel. Boy, what a busy day you had!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dear friend,
    You have so much to be thankful for and God has blessed you immensley ( sp?), you have a husband that loves you, 6 beautiful children that are happy, healthy, and LOVE the LORD! Everything could fall down around you, and I know it feels that way, and you still would be blessed beyond what any of us deserve~ because Jesus Christ has chosen you to follow and glorify Him!

    Nothing is out of His control~ Nothing is happening that He is not aware of~ your prayers are heard and will be answered in His perfect timing and in His perfect way!
    Isn't it wonderful that we can fully trust God for every single second of our lives!
    We continue to pray for you guys! God will bless you, He already has!
    :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know in the midst of things that are not in our control it is best to give thanks. And of course prayer!!!

    So glad Mr. Taffy's headache went away....hope so.

    Hugs to you always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mrs Taffy~ You know that last comment wasn't from me, right? :)
    I wanted to tell you that I have been praying for you all... There is a verse somewhere that says, "In your time of trouble, call upon me, I will deliver you, and you will glorify Me."
    Hope we can visit soon!
    Lots of hugs! ~Alli

    ReplyDelete
  9. Allison~ yeah, I know that wasn't you! I didn't figure you would call me "my dear friend." lol! Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement, and your moms as well! Thank you for your prayers!

    Yes, yes, yes!! A visit from your fam would bless us immensely!

    Hugs from MN!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!