Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A little Change of Scenery

Today was Habitot Tuesday at our Children's Museum. My little people have been a slightly cooped up, and I've been planning on taking them. Our membership is going to expire soon too.

My music boy and his twirling sister! They actually had an audience because they were so cute!



The new dinosaur room. We didn't really like this room. It was full of evolution and some of the dinosaurs were pretty scary, they actually moved! I'm sure the older children liked it, but there where quite few scaredy-tots in the room!
Sliding down the Beaver Dam.
Painting!
The room had a Chinese Theme, so they got to paint with bamboo paint brushes and try their hand at painting Chinese symbols. There were also Chinese stamps and ink stones to experiment with.
This girl made the biggest bubbles I've ever seen made at the bubble table! All the mom's were oohhhing and ahhhing.
There are only 31 days until spring...so they say on the radio. It takes longer than that in MN, but it's nice to know it's coming. It's gorgeous outside right now, sunny and almost warmish. The ground is still covered with about 3 feet of snow, but I keep thinking about the bulbs we planted in the fall...wondering if we'll be here to see them poke through. Every day is a mystery, I can't plan much because there is so much I just don't know. So I just plan the next meals, the next days clothes. It's a strange place to be in...this place of not knowing and not being able to do anything about it!
still...joyful,
Mrs. Taffy

3 comments:

  1. I loved the pictures...and that wink on the dino is priceless!!!!!

    I know what you mean as I'm in the same situation...not knowing and not being able to do anything about it...strange mysery for sure - sometimes a madening one! But as the theme of Philipians reminds us....to rejoice ALWAYS...count it all JOY...ho-hum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just noticing how many followers you have! That is amazing (but not surprising!). Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I would love to have a museum like that here. We do have a small one but not as fun! :)

    Glad you guys are doing good!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!