Thursday, February 25, 2010

Project: Laundry Room

So I decided to tackle my laundry room this morning. It really wasn't too bad, but there were a few things piling up that needed to be put away properly. The hamper on the floor is the dirty clothes from the upstairs bathroom, it gets brought down most days and today I wanted to wash the towels and rug, so that's why it's SO FULL. This is the main source of my laundry-room agony. This is the basket where I put clothes, that are good enough to keep, but need to be "filed" away in the different size totes. It's stuffed!
This is another little problem area, there's a bag of Goodwill stuff and those boots...
This is what my laundry room looks like when I start putting stuff away. It's crazy! And of course Laffy Taffy thinks it's all very interesting, so he's usually right in there with the totes. As I'm putting stuff away, I'm also deciding what to get rid of and what to give away.
Phew! All that is put away now and I'm just ready to do regular laundry. I had that all done before 9:00 am! And went on to do school with Bubble Gum and Blue-Raspberry afterward! The laundry is done and ready for the children to come pick-up and put-away.
Aww...all done! My laundry room isn't "pretty" but it's very functional and I love the huge closet to store totes in. See the pink basket? It's just been moved...it's still full of clothes? Well, all those clothes are for my nieces, so soon that basket will be empty again! :o)
Here's the stuff I'm getting rid of! See ya!

We are having the organic Harmony Soup for dinner, with homemade rolls from the freezer. I've been planning homeschool lessons all afternoon. I have to plan both March and April for the three older children. I also planned Grammar and Writing lessons for the next two years! That was actually really fun!

What have you been up to?

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. Impressive! I've had a very productive day too, although I don't have any fun pics to show for it! I completed TONS of very detailed YUCKY paperwork. Then I balanced my checkbook, paid all my bills and went through my "Hot Spot" on the kitchen counter. You know the pile of paper that seems to have a life of it's own??? Ahhhhhh.....such a wonderful feeling to have it all done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sooooooo good at organising things. You can make a diasastered room look like a room of a king. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an inspiration to the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!