Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Thank You Waffles

Thank you all for your encouraging words. Truly, I am feeling a little less faint-hearted this morning because of your encouraging words. So to thank you I'm going to share my new favorite waffle recipe. I've given up on pancakes for a while, for a couple reasons: Mr. Taffy prefers waffles and the pancakes were sticking to my griddles and causing me undue stress too early in the morning.
Here's the recipe:
6 eggs
6 cups whole wheat
5 1/4 cup milk
1/2 melted butter or canola oil
3 tbls. brown sugar, or honey or raw sugar
4 Tbsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. salt
Start by adding the eggs to a big bowl and whipping them until fluffy. Then add the rest of the ingredients and make them on your waffle iron as directed.
This is a really big batch. We usually have enough left over to stick in the freezer for snacks or part of another breakfast. My waffle iron is a waffle-stick maker, but we just eat them the regular way. :o)
Our favorite way to eat them is with peanut butter and syrup. Also honey butter and powdered sugar! YUM!
Honey butter:
1/2 cup butter-softened
1/2 cup honey
Stir and fluff and spread on waffles. Great on toast too or biscuits...
Back to work again!
Love to you all!
Mrs. Taffy

6 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks good - I would come to your house for breakfast! It must take all morning to make that many waffles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had wafflels this morning too. Yours look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 teaspoons = 1 Tablespoon, so 12 tsp would be the same as 4 T.

    :) My husband prefers waffles too, and I agree, the struggle with sticking pancakes does not lead to a happy morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Thanks Tristan! I'll make the changes to the recipe! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! they look huge! Wish we had a waffle maker~ used to have a cast iron one but that was ridiculous! Talk about sticking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look..yummy!! Maybe we will have to try them this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!