Sunday, February 21, 2010

TOT School-Wk 18

We started out the week at the Children's Museum. Laffy Taffy laid some eggs? This dinosaur room was scary! He did not really enjoy it, but he likes getting his picture taken, so he sat there for me. :o)
Playing in the "creek" is way more his speed: frogs and crawdads. Perfect.
And painting! He loves painting! And I love that I didn't have to clean up afterward!
Back at home...I had him sort by shape which was a little harder, but he liked the challenge.
Sorting by color.
Matching and patterns.
This is another fun game by Lauri. It's called "Peg"gy Back. Basically it's a color game, you roll the cube and the color it lands on is where you move your peg. I love this color game for the little ones learning colors, but I don't like all the images on the game board. If you, like me, don't appreciate wizards and genies, do what I did and color over the little offenders with a sharpie!
Last weekend I found three new puzzles for Laffy at a Thrift store. The puzzles were only $1.91 each. Here's one-
Here's another one...in this one he is trying to button the lab coat.
This is the most favorite book of the week! Blue-Raspberry and Bubble Gum couldn't stop laughing the first time I sang through it! And Laffy, well, he had me read it over and over again!
And here he is, reading it himself! Enjoy!
Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

12 comments:

  1. What a fun week.. and I loved the video super sweet!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha I think live frogs and crawdads are way scarier than dinosaurs! Loved the video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom! They weren't live! hahaha! They were just plastic toys, like the dinosaurs, but the dinos were huge and mechanical....ahhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool museum! Looks like a fun week; we'll have to check that book out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun week! That game looks neat and I love that you covered up the parts you didn't like! Old MacNoah Had an Ark looks really cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness! What a wonderful week! Aren't children's museums just the best?? It's a place that my whole family enjoys!

    Great sorting activities!
    -Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fun week! I love the different games you have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Singing and reading are big hits in our house, so we'll have to check out Old MacNoah and combine both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great find at the thrift store..nice puzzles too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That book is so cool!

    We were just playing with our counting bears and cards today. Lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! What a great bargain for those puzzles!!!! Such fun! Sunshine loves puzzles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd not heard of Old Macdonald Had a Farm before. Very cute video. GREAT find at the thrift! I have that Melissa and Doug puzzle on my list of must haves.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!