Monday, March 1, 2010

Another Birthday!

My first born turns 15 today! We actually celebrated yesterday. Such a strange thing...having a 15 year old. My husband was 15 when we met...I'm a little older though, so I wasn't 15! lol
We had homemade hot brownies with cold vanilla ice cream and homemade chocolate sauce on top! Oh YUM!

Here's Banana giving me a "look." He really didn't want us to get him anything, but how could we not? He's so helpful and so giving and wonderful, I couldn't give him NOTHING! So I wrote him a gushing note and gave him a $10.00 gift card to Target. He loves to walk up there and buy a fountain pop or get a coffee at Starbucks, so this is just a little pocket money. He really liked it. His "big" gift was a pull-up bar, a little something to help him get in shape for the Police Academy! :o) Notice the open door behind him? It was glorious yesterday, birds singing, snow melting, sun shining. We have a storm door on the front door, so it's really like a big window as long as it's not too cold outside!
I am one proud Momma.
My next few weeks are going to be extra full. My three nieces are staying with us for at least the next 2 weeks, while their Mom has another surgery on her throat, this one more involved and complicated than the others, but hopefully it will fix the problem and she can move on with her life. So I'll be feeding and teaching and nurturing 9 children this week: 15, 14, 12, 11, 11, 8, 7, 5 & 2. Pray for ALL of us! lol
Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

7 comments:

  1. A very happy birthday to Banana Taffy! He looks so handsome! I also can't believe I have a 15 year old grandson! Tell him his grandpa has one of those Iron gyms (in the family room doorway) and uses it frequently - 3 pull-ups at a time. Its hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Happy, Happy Birthday to a wonderful young man! We think you are a delightful person. We enjoy being around you and reading your blogs...A very happy birthday to you! Did you get your package from your friend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY J!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I see the open door,,,,but who is the scruffy guy in the camo hat?hahahah!

    Will be praying for the surgery and you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow 15 and a nice enough day to have the door open! You ARE blessed!!
    Enjoy your next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Josiah!!!!!!!!
    Danny-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Josiah! Glad you had such a fun birthday!
    ~Alli:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSIAH!
    Dodi

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!