Sunday, March 7, 2010

Cupcakes Baby

We've been having a great week, me and my 9 charges. The week has been pretty busy with school and meals and all that life entails when taking care of this many children. On Saturday, the Honeymoon ended. :o) Lot's of bored and mopey children in my house. So, to brighten things up and change every one's focus, I made cupcakes and we had a little cupcake party. They each decorated two: one to eat instantly and one to save for after dinner. Needless to say, it was just thing everyone needed and they all get their minds off of nothing on to being creative and joyful.


Bubble Gum...Pile it high Honey!
What do you think? He seems pretty giddy to me!
Cupcakes with an Irish flare.
My sister-in-law is doing really really well! She actually got released from the hospital today! We decided to keep the younger two girls and send home the oldest, to be a helper to Momma, who isn't quite ready to be a full-time Mom yet. She'll be able to rest so much better at home and Pillar is a wonderful helper and will learn a little about nursing over the next few days. We are so happy about her progress and so thankful for a successful surgery!
Ready for a new week,
Mrs. Taffy

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you are great at thinking of the ONE thing everyone from age 2 to age 15 would enjoy! That looks really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cupcake party? sounds like fun!!! Yummy, too :P
    ~Alli

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cupcakes were yummy. It was really fun making them. Thanks for the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was so fun mom! Thanks a bunch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are always know exactly what your children need. You're awesome! :) Dreamt about you last night again. This time I was at your house by myself visiting. LOL And we were making plans to bring Strawberry home with me to visit, but you weren't totally sure because you didn't really "know me" very well, even though we knew each other through blog world you still hesitated. Then I thought (in dream land) would I feel the same about letting my girls come home with you.... and then the dream ended. So nope she never came home with me. LOL....

    SO funny how we can dream but never have met.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!