Saturday, March 20, 2010

Our Starter Garden

Here's our little starter garden. Our sun room smells like a green house, we love it! I bought all those terracotta pots at a garage last summer. The other tray things came from Lowe's. We've started: sugar snap peas, cucumbers, little watermelon (they are round instead of oval), butternut and banana squash, brussel sprouts, tomatoes, basil, cilantro, parsley, dill and marigolds. The marigolds are in the egg carton.
These little pots and mini greenhouses represent HOPE to us. Hope towards the future, for both staying in this house and for food in the future. I'm already praying over these little plants, that God would bless them and make them abundantly fruitful!
When it warms up outside we also have potatoes, beets, and more of all the other seeds to plant. We want to stagger things a little so we can eat from our garden longer.
Have you started planting seeds? What grows best in your garden? What's your family's favorite veggie?
Happy Spring!
Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I am going to grow basil for pesto, and cherry tomatoes. Otherwise I am a poor gardener (and the deer are so bad) that it is best for me to buy other people's vegetables. This year I plan to stay out of the grocery store and shop at the farmer's markets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I haven't planted a garden in years. I would love a garden maybe someday again. Lots of things can be so overwhelming in my life right now....if I can keep things maintained that is a plus right there :)

    When the kids were younger I had a little garden next to my house. We planted cucumbers, tomatoes, watermelon, sunflowers. The cucumbers and tomatoes were delicious but the watermelon never really took, which is unusual for FL. then the squirrels ate up our sunflowers seeds so they never came up. LOL.

    I pray that an abudance fruitfulness comes forth in these seedlings and in your life also! IN JESUS NAME!

    Love ya,

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! We haven't started yet. I want to start this week. I hope your plants turn out wonderful. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you are so inspiring! I love to plan and prepare for the garden as much as the actual gardening!

    My family loves sugar snap peas, cucumbers, summer squash, zuccini, patty pans, watermelon, radishes, carrots, beans, lettuce, tomatoes, potatoes, and herbs.

    The beans probably grow the best and the watermelon the worst so I get them from the farmers market.

    This year I am moving my garden to a new location and doing some patio pots and a kitchen herb garden on the deck too. Hopfully it is a good move! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have peas, lettuce, spinach, garlic, rosemary, thyme, leeks, green onion, walla walla onion, white onion and red onion in my raised beds growing. We won't plant the main garden area until late may or early june. With our wet whether here in the NW it is always unknown when we will be able to get the ground worked up. Last year was an excellent year for tomatoes, potatoes and beets but carrots were a no show even after planting them 3 times.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!