Sunday, April 4, 2010

Resurrection Day/Spring Break 3

Lots to share today! First off, I had the privilege of writing the "Get Real with God" post for this special Sunday. Click on the picture to read the post. I hope you like it! :o) This morning for breakfast I made this delicious Apple Pancake. This is the second time I've made this dish for my family and this time I doubled it because they liked it so well the first time. It was super easy to make and super healthy too! This is a picture of it before I baked it.
Apple Pancake
1 cup milk
4 large eggs
2 tbsp. honey
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour or all purpose flour
4 tbsp butter-melted
2 apples, peeled and sliced thinly (use tart apples)
4 tbsp. brown sugar or raw sugar, optional (I only used 2 tbls-and it was still tasty!)
Preheat oven to 425. Place butter in a 9x13 baking dish. Place apple slices in overlapping rows. Bake until apples and butter are bubbly, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, whirl all remaining ingredients in the blender, except sugar. Pour liquid batter over bubbly apples in casserole dish. Sprinkle with sugar if desired. Bake for 20 minutes. We had this with English muffins! Oh YUM!

Here's a picture of it baked.
This is last years Easter picture. Aren't they cute? See Bubble Gum's pouty lips...she was not a willing participant in this event.
Look at them now! They've grown SO much! And now Bubble Gum LOVES to get her picture taken!


And one more to make you laugh!

Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Happy Easter!

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really do have the most beautiful family. Maybe it's because I know that they are as wonderful on the "inside" as they are beautiful on the outside.

    You are officially better than any cookbook I know! I love your recipies!! They are economical, healthy and my children ALWAYS love them!! Pillar made the Apple Pancake this morning and it was delicious!! Not a drop left.

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures of your family.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!