Saturday, April 3, 2010

Spring Break Day 2

This has been a busy day for us! Mr. Taffy and I got up early and...get this...exercised! It was fun actually, but we are kinda tired this evening. :o)

After the shock of walking for 20 minutes, we (being my older sons and I) sorted and organized totes. Move totes up, move totes down. Pile totes here. Pile totes there. Phew! We put lots of stuff up in the attic and took lots of stuff down. And now, all the clothes in the basement and attic are nice and organized. I found the sandals I was looking for and started a pile for our garage sale come May. Here's the beginning of my pile. My sale will mostly be clothes and homeschool stuff, of course I'll advertise on Craig's List and hopefully sell EVERY. SINGLE. THING.
My little ones played outside most of the day, it was chilly this morning, but the sun was shining and things are greening up!
See how good my tulips are doing?
After all that organizing and rearranging, I had to do a less fun job. Break down these big logs of hamburger into more reasonable size packages. This wasn't on my original list of things to do this week, but I'm so thankful for the meat!
This is how I packed them up...they weren't frozen yet when I took this picture. I also made up a bunch of hamburger patties to put into the freezer. My freezer was looking pretty bare, until I got all this meat! I also cleaned the laundry room sink...have you ever done that? Wow, that was disgusting! And doing that inspired me to wipe off the top of the water softener and water heater and pipes...it's nice and clean down there! I washed the rugs too and organized the homeschool closet. Before the day is done I want to mop down there also.
Time to give my little ones a bath!
Remembering the Cross,
Mrs. Taffy

2 comments:

  1. You are one ambitious woman! I'm glad you have your older children to help you out! All that meat in the freezer looks great and so organized! I cooked a bunch of hamburger today and seasoned it for tacos, enchiladas, burritos. Its nice to have it all ready to go at the last minute. Doesn't take long to thaw at all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK...you have totally motivated me to do the same thing here at my house. The girls just asked me the other day if it was "safe" to bring out all our spring stuff. Guess what we're doing this week?? I just need some boxes/totes for my garage sale stuff!

    I buy my hamberger in those big cryovac tubes at Sam's Club. It's a bit of work to cut it all up, but so much cheaper that way~ Your freezer looks so nice and organized. Mine starts up that way....but somehow doesn't stay that way! LOL

    And guess what??? My flowers and plants that we planted last year around the front of the house are starting to come up. I'm so excited!! Pretty soon I too will have beautiful flowers! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!