Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Break Day 4

Today wasn't too exciting. We started out the day running errands and we finished out the day running errands. In between errands I made bread. :o) Just in case you're curious, here's a picture of my grain mill. I was grinding Hard White Wheat here. Wheat is so pretty. This is what it looks like all ground up. I made 4 loaves of bread, which I intended to prove...but we left on an errand before I got a picture of it.
Here's a little peak at our starter garden. It's growing so well! It won't be long until we can plant them outside!

I believe those are squash plants...We LOVE squash!
I've been infected by a bug. A "thankful" bug. Everywhere I look I see things to be thankful for, people to be thankful for, circumstances to be thankful for. I don't know if it's because I've been taking my fish oil faithfully, or if it's just the sunshine.

I got a check in the mail today from the WA dentist. It's not for the full amount, but it's a start. We are working with our old insurance company to get the rest of the money. The WA dentist only wants to give the money to our old insurance, then the insurance would pay for the procedure. We don't have insurance anymore. So, Mr Taffy is working with our old insurance and they seem to want to be helpful. Pray that we have favor with both the insurance and the WA dentist. My appointment is on the 13th and it would be so wonderful to be able to pay them in full.

Also, we got an extremely favorable email from our bank here. "Oh my word!" (picture Shirley Temple holding her cheeks) I think we are about to experience a miracle here. I don't want to jump the gun, but I think I will have some really wonderful news to share tomorrow!

I think these good things that have happened today have nourished the thankful bug I've got...but I can say that I woke up this way. Overwhelmingly thankful. God is so Good. It humbles me when I think about why in the world He even cares about my tiny insignificant life. Yet He does.

This song had encouraged me so much over the last few months. I hope you like it too!



Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

2 comments:

  1. Oh your happiness makes me happy! I'm so glad you are feeling well and uplifted! Really glad about the dentist - I can't believe they have responded so quickly!!!!!!!

    Your garden is BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks GREAT! Look at all that life and growth!!

    We are continuing to pray that you will have favor with all the different agencies and organizations that you're dealing with. I just know that God is going to show Himself strong and mightly through your family!! We love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!