Saturday, April 10, 2010

Spring Break Day 7 & 8 & 9

Sorry about not posting yesterday or the day before! I'm going to have to make this a bullet list post.

Day 7
-Started the day looking for garage sales. We only found 3 and they didn't have anything we were looking for. It was freezing anyway, that probably had something to do with how many we didn't find!
-Worked out. (lol) I'm trying...I proudly carry around baby fat from all my Taffy Children...but since my oldest is 15 is probably about time to get rid of some of it. :o) It was fun because Strawberry and Banana were with me and I had an interesting conversation with an "older" lady about the TLC show A Baby Story.
-Mr. Taffy bought me a cell phone. It's been A LONG time since I've had a cell phone and I was totally cool with not having one, but hubby really wanted me to have one (he's very protective of me) and so he bought me one with his birthday money. It was cheap and it's RED, so I'm happy too!

Day 7 wasn't real exciting, but it was fun to have a day with no agenda.

Day 8
-I started the day thinking I could rewrite a carrot cake recipe and make carrot cake cupcakes in my healthy way. I was wrong. They turned out awful and ended up in the trash.
-Did a food tasting in the morning and got paid $35! It was so fun!
-Came home, made lunch and ran to Costco.
-Met a friend for Coffee. Highlight of my week!
-Came home and got ready for company. I was so blessed because while I was out, Strawberry Taffy made cookies for our dessert. She saved the day!
-Our best friends came over for a bbq and stayed until after dark! The kids all had a great time and so did the adults!

Day 9

Today I'm just going to play catch up. I have a lot of laundry to do, papers to correct, school to get ready for, the kids want me to take them to the library and I NEED to watch Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution on ABC.com today. The children are realizing that their vacation is coming to the end. They are a little sad, but looking forward to the structure of a normal week as well.

Happy Saturday!
Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like many fine days, Especially connecting with friends. Silly kids, they don't realize every day is a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I haven't been on the computer much lately. So I've missed reading. I had to skim. Awesome that you are doing some great projects. So am I here at home. Slowly but surely getting things organized and simplifying my life in many many ways.

    So happy spring break to you. We didn't take a break since I feel we sort of take lots of breaks throughout the year and since I feel so behind from having so many babies back to back I have no time to break...LOL. The kids did get invited to swim at the springs the other day though. They loved that!

    Oh and BTW, I also started working out. I told my husband that it has been about 8 years since I've worked out on a consistent basis. Boy, am I out of shape. Lots of repair has to take place. And yep, lots of baby fat on my body LOL It does feel so good afterward to have had a good work out. I already feel "thinner".... :)

    Okay, gotta run and great "chatting" with ya!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!