Monday, April 26, 2010

Where do you find joy?

Can joy be misinterpreted as bragging? Like tears can be interpreted as sadness and laughter interpreted as joy. Sometimes tears come from sadness, sometimes joy. I've cried both today, from hurtful words and kind words. I laughed today out of joy but also out of anxiety. So if my joy is interpreted as bragging or my thankfulness to God as pride, I'm sorry.

My blog started out as a way to keep my parents up to date on our life, both live far away from me. Then it sort of became a place for me to journal and keep track of things. Some people liked it. Others started reading. I don't know why people read my blog, of course I like it that you read my blog, I like to read your blogs too. I get much comfort from knowing their are other believers out there, striving to raise Godly off-spring, endeavoring to be keepers at home, desiring to help our husband's. Everyone does things differently, writes about them differently and interprets what's read differently. A blog is a snap shot. A piece of the picture, not the whole thing, just a part. You see a part of my life here, the part I let you see. I've tried to be transparent without hurting my family or dishonoring my husband. I've tried to share our struggles because I know others struggle too and often times the Christian world is the hardest place to find a little understanding and compassion, at least for one of its own.

My heart is literally aching from all the adrenaline that it's been flushed with today. In an attempt to mellow out, I'm writing. I've always liked to write. But I'm not writing to put out any more fires today, I don't have any of those words left. Instead I want to focus on the things that I find joy in. Not to worship the creation, but to worship the Creator, who made this beautiful world for us to enjoy. In every flower and seed, in every smile from my children, in every spider web hanging from my ceiling, I find glimpses of God and can't help but be joyful! Our beautiful tulips.
Our crab apple tree that is about to blossom into a million white petals that declare the newness of spring and a fresh start.

The annoying cottonwood seeds that make it look like it's snowing outside, even though the sun is shining brightly.

The couches, that after 6 years, I am finally washing the denim slip covers! I'm ashamed to say they were filthy and neglected. But washing them is making them good as new. Just like God's grace and forgiveness. Like kind words from a true friend.
I am so thankful. I have fought for joy and found it. I have searched for peace and it has come. I have hoped in the Lord and He has been found faithful.
with joy and sadness,
Mrs. Taffy

7 comments:

  1. Very nice post aunt! I think your tullips and tree look wonderful. I agree. Love you,
    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my dear, all I can say is there are all kinds of people out there and for every one who thinks they are doing the right thing by pointing out what they don't like, there are a hundred who silently enjoy the words you share. I read lots of blogs and if I find them depressing, I just don't go there. If I find them helpful or interesting, I can't wait to see what's been posted today! Just be yourself - and don't worry about the pride police. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my opinion, it's your blog and you can say whatever you want. Others don't get to criticize. I greatly appreciate your blogging as it makes me feel "in touch" with you and your family... and maybe just a "touch" envious of your organizing abilities! If others don't appreciate what you write, they don't have to read it. So, rasberries from me to the critial readers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you are having a bad day(s) .... I personally rarly comment, but really enjoy checking on your family. I feel like you really try to share things that your family is doing, struggles are part of what we are all doing. So thank you for sharing...and I hope you continue to focus on joyful things! Blessings, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so appreciate your willingness to share your heart and the glimps of family and home. It is a highlight to my day to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zoe, Mom, Lisa, Woodland Mom & MRB,

    Thank you! Your kind words are a healing balm and so appreciated! I really like to blog and share my heart and life, I just don't like it that I've inadvertently hurt people...that makes me sad.

    I'll post again tonight when Mr. Taffy brings my laptop home. He's interviewing for a job!! We are SO hopeful!

    Much love,
    Mrs. Taffy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmm...I agree with all the other "comments"! Keep blogging and encouraging us - we all need your wise insight and words from the Lord...remember a while back, maybe it was on your other blog, but your father mentioned how he truley saw how the Lord has quilted you into the Proverbs 31 woman...dwell on that my sister as you are such a wonderful woman after God's own heart!
    Love your blog, love your family, love you...

    Well, what's the news on Mr. Taffy...waiting on pins and needles!

    That pollen looks like snow...horrid!
    From Mrs. Griffin...and the rest of the family...hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!