Thursday, May 6, 2010

Garage Sale Day 2

I am happy to report that today was much better than yesterday, weather-wise! The sun shined most of the day and though it was cool, it wasn't windy or rainy! Thank the Lord! We had a pretty good turnout today. I marked a few things down early in the morning and they went fast. I sold EVERY big thing! A big book case, a little dresser, Blue-Raspberry's old bike and some pretty expensive books, at least expensive for a garage sale! I had a few really nice books out there for $5, which is an appropriate price for a used curriculum sale, but not necessarily a garage sale--but they sold! I started tearing down around 4:30. I put all the things I didn't want anymore right into the back of the suburban, the trunk wasn't even full! I did keep a few clothing items that I think I can sell at Once Upon a Child and I kept all my books. I'm going to participate in a used-curriculum sale at the end of the month, I should be able to clear out most of the rest of the books then.

When all was said and done, including our big doors and broken lawn mower, we made a little over $600! Woo Hoo! Half of that is the doors...but most of that is just little stuff. Each of my children made a little cash too. And Strawberry bought a big box of Tootsie Pops to sell for a quarter each, she almost sold the whole box!

I had a surprise visitor during the sale too, it was fun to reconnect with her and meet her daughter. That was a big treat for Bubble Gum, they are both 5!

After I loaded the truck and the boys broke down the tables, we took some of our earnings and ate Chinese Food. It was a splurge, but we worked so hard and it tasted SOOOOO good!

Mr. Taffy's second interview seemed to go well. He said it was more like a "meet and greet." We are hoping to hear word tomorrow. Please Father!

I've decided to not do the sale tomorrow, since the weather sounds dreadful and I'm bored of sitting out there. :o) Instead I will spend the day getting my house back in order and preparing for Strawberry's 12th birthday!

Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great day! I bet your garage sales are full of treasures and so much fun to shop at!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying (and waiting on pins and needles!) that you hear about the job tomorrow!! And congratulations at the garage sale!! That's amazing! Almost gives me some incentive to have one. Almost ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's WONDERFUL!! I'm so glad you did well and sold all your big stuff....despite the yucky weather!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!