Sunday, May 30, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Yesterday was our 17 year anniversary. Sigh...where does the time go? I married my high-school sweetheart on May 29, 1993 and 10:00 in the morning. We served brunch. I wasn't going to wait all day to get married! :o) It's been a ride let me tell you, but there's NOBODY I would rather be on this ride with than my best friend!

My daughter, Strawberry, wanted to bless us with a cake. On the top she wrote: M heart C and 17. She put 17 candles all around it and we had to light them and blow them out together! It was great! Here's the adorable poem she wrote on the card she gave us:
When you were united, and unity candles lighted,
When you woke in the morn, and your first son was born,
When your family grew, with so much to do,
When your life was a glob, and you lost your job,
Who was with you to the end? Your one and true, faithful friend!
You both had faith, and loved each other
That is why you're still together!
17 Years!

I'll share more later...Mr. Taffy is taking me out to brunch today because our plans were slightly interrupted yesterday.
Happy Sunday!
Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! And very happy Anniversary! I can't believe its been 17 years! You two are a wonderful example for the rest of us.

    Love,

    Mom

    P.S. I love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay...PTL....so glad you were able to go out today... Hope you enjoyed your time together. Time...I am sure is well deserved.

    You look so happy and perfect for each other. Such a sweet and cute couple you are.

    That poem strawberry wrote is so incredibly sweet...just like the cake she made....looks so yummy. I'm sure it tasted so good.

    So.....a very happy 17th anniversary to you.

    Hugs and kisses from Your bloggy friend,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!