Wednesday, May 12, 2010

He's gone...

Mr. Taffy is gone. Gone to work that is! Woo Hoo! We were a whirlwind of activity last night and this morning. It's been so long since we've had to do this, we are sort of out of practice. I kept remembering things that we should have thought of sooner! Like, do you have bus money, do you need a lunch, where's his good shoes, etc. He got out the door on time though. I made him a nice breakfast that he was able to enjoy at the table with us and a coffee to take with him.
The children (little ones mainly) have been handling it much better than I expected. I thought they would be sad today, but they've been their normal happy selves. The hardest thing for me is going to be not being able to talk to him whenever I want too. I've already had over a dozen occasions this morning that I wanted to tell him something...hope I can remember everything when he gets home later!
We were going to go garage saling this morning, but the weather is crummy so the older kids have been doing Math and Reading, the little ones have been playing and I've been baking. It seems like it's been a while since I've had a big baking session like this. We were so restless waiting to hear word about the job, I haven't been very productive the past couple weeks!

So this morning I made 4 loaves of bread, 16 dinner rolls/sandwich buns, 5 dozen cookies and 2 dozen cinnamon rolls (I froze those raw so we can bake them on Saturday morning). My feet actually hurt from standing in the kitchen!

I still have some sewing to do, both by machine and hand. We are having a friend stop by this afternoon to drop off some guinea pigs for Strawberry to babysit. I'd like to go to the Y this afternoon too. Dinner will be later than we are used too because of the fact that Mr. Taffy has a JOB! So I actually have more time than I'm used to in the afternoon...this will be interesting!

I am so happy that Mr. Taffy has a job. (Sorry if I sound redunant!) So thankful to Father God for his provision. So thankful for friends and family that have stood beside us and not made us feel inadequate or faithless because of how long this trail was. Hopefully this is the beginning of a new chapter for us, one of fruitfulness and productiveness and peace.

Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

6 comments:

  1. Oh I can just imagine how wonderful your kitchen smelled today with all that baking! I think I love the smell of fresh bread almost as much as I like eating it! I need to get your cinnamon roll recipie so that I can freeze some ahead of time too. I'm sure the girls would ejoy them!

    I've been praying for you all this week as you transition into this new season. So glad to hear that you didn't have sad faces today. I'm sure God will continue to shine down His Grace and Goodness to you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad he got the job!! The bread looks beautiful.
    Blessings
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is good! I am so thankful that he has a job, I've been reading for a long time. I hope this job brings you much peace! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to hear about the job!!! Your baked goods look yummy. I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things as well. My house is finally getting put back together after being torn apart for 3 weeks now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT!!

    Congrats yet again! I am sure you all are adjusting to daily living without "daddy" at home! :) I know what you mean about having to say something to him, but it has to wait. And during these times is when I have found to run to the Lord so much more frequently than running to my husband for answers....you know! I am sure you know how to do this so very well since you are such a great Godly woman and mommy!

    Just posted on my blog come on over and visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Responding back about my post...

    Thank you so much for your prayers...they are received!

    And yep, the boys, on occasion, will fall asleep just like this. Our two little boys (Kole and Ephee) sleep on the same bed and Galen and Shiloh on a different bed, but they like to sleep together also. I know you would think that I made them pose like that...LOL....nope I found them like this.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!