Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thrifty Friday

I scheduled in Garage Saling today...you know, in our school schedule. unbeknownst to me it was city wide garage sale day in my city! Good thing I still have most of my garage sale money left (from the sale I had earlier this month)!

This pretty much has to be my most favorite thing I found today. It's heavy metal, painted white and so adorable. It's small, but very sturdy. I paid $15.00 for it. The girls love it!


This was one of the things on my "list." A winter jacket for Bubble Gum. This is a Land's End Down filled jacket. It was $5.00, that seems to be the going price for name brand jackets at garage sales this season. I couldn't have bought it new for that!

This little shopping cart was $1.00.
Blue-Raspberry...he's so funny. He gets pretty excited about some of the strangest things. Like this outfit for example. He actually found it on the table and BEGGED me to buy it for him! I kept trying to talk him out of it, but he really liked it. So I paid $3.00 and got him this Gap Soccer outfit. I think they kind of look like pajamas, but they are actually really nice fabric--two layers with little holes. I've already washed it and hung it on the line to dry so he can wear it tomorrow. He loves me very much. :o)


This is the rest of the stuff I got him today. The practical stuff. His whole summer wardrobe basically. Most items were .25-$1.00. The little boxer shorts I am using for summer pajamas.


This was on my list too: Another sheet set for the little boy's room. These feel and look brand new-$3.00.

a nice little pile of clothes for Strawberry Taffy. The pile on the left is for summer, the pile on the left is for the winter. Strawberry bought the "I love Ireland" shirt with her own money. :o)


This find made us both so happy. Aren't they ridiculously cute? They were trying to sell them for $8.00. They are PERFECT! (Lady told us her sister paid $80 for them at a fancy boutique.) Well...I'm not one to make an offer usually, I don't want to offend people, but I risked it for my daughter. We got them for $5.00. Which is feel is an absolute bargain, especially considering all her other clothes were between .50 and $1.00! These are already wash and dried and ready to be worn by my Sweet tomorrow.

And last but not least, an out-dated looking pair of Sorrel boots for Strawberry. $1.00


I got a few other little things, like some Warm and Natural batting, some Christmas gifts for some little girls in my life and some cars for Laffy Taffy.

We were exhausted by the time we got home. But I managed to put away the stuff and wash the clothes and take pictures and even make a good Chinese food dinner!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy
Wanna share the cool stuff you found at Garage Sales or Yard Sales this week? Share your link! I'd love to see!

1 comment:

  1. I get such a vicarious thrill from your thrifty shopping! I am really envious of the little table and chairs! Adorable and Strawberry should snag them for her hope chest! Saturday Aunt C and I are going to a great big garage sale in the Armory. I can't wait! I hope I have treasures to share after that.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!