Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Back to the Beach

We have a standing date to spend one day at the "beach" with our friends. I put beach in quotation because I grew up in California, and MN beaches are not really beaches in my opinion. :o) But for all intents and purposes, this is a very nice "beach." Our normal day is Tuesday, but this week we met today. It started out nice and sunny.

Oh doesn't that warm sand feel good!? But eventually, everyone was wrapped up like this. The wind was our demise! Brrrrr!
Once everyone dried off, if was a little more fun to play, just not in the water! It was especially warm UNDER the sand. Sleep well Chocolate?
These two have so much fun together!

The older kids played baseball in the grass behind the beach. See the clouds? I thought it might actually start raining! It didn't though.

And this is pretty much how everybody looked when we got home: sleepy with jelly on their face.
We had a nice time with friends and really did enjoy the fresh air, cold as it was, it was better than the rain we've been having.
Another bit of interesting news from the Taffy household is that Banana Taffy is gainfully employed! The young man has landed himself a job at a new pizza establishment 2 miles from our house. The place isn't even open for business yet, and we have to find him some black pants, but he's pretty excited at the potential for a little income! I'm so happy for him too!

And things with the TOS Crew are starting to develop. I'm so very excited about this new adventure!
Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you grew up in Cali.... that is cool :)

    Looks like you all had fun. Your pictures look nice. I love the one with Laffy and the jelly face.. priceless! All of them are wonderfully taken.

    and congrats to Banana...yay! my oldest has been asking to work. We're not sure what is going to happen with that. I kinda am tossed about the idea. I trust him and all but...just the busyness of everything. He turns 16 in a few weeks. I can't believe it.

    Well glad you had a fabulous time at the "beach"....

    xoxoxoxo,

    chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photography is fantastic! I feel like I was there! B.T.'s job is so great! W's summer job is washing doors and fences at a storage unit place! He likes the flexibility though. When Uncle A worked at a pizza place, they gave the employees the mistake pizzas to take home. (Pizza Hut)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!