Thursday, June 10, 2010

Garage Sale Treasures

Are you ready for this? It was a great garage saling day! Some of my pictures aren't the best though...I accidentally smudged my lens and didn't have the time to properly clean it...sorry!

First up~Blue-Raspberry modeling his slider shoes. We've played with these at the Children's Museum before, today we found a pair for a buck! These will be great this winter when he's got too much energy! Also, he's modeling a new sweatshirt (today was really cold!) also $1.

(A little side note here...I'm painting the very last wall in my family room, which involved moving a VERY large book case, that explains the books piled up all over the place!)

Here's some more clothes I found for Blue-Raspberry. A pair of pajamas, pajama pants and a hoodie-$3.50 total.

A new purse for me! $1.00
Bubble Gum found this brand-new doll for $1.00. She proudly paid for it with her own money! You can never have too many babies, right?!

Normally I wouldn't buy a Mr. Potato Head, only because we've had many of these float through our house over the years. But this one garage sale had an amazing "potato station" set up. I don't know where they got all that stuff but they had laundry baskets full of bodies, and parts. And for a dollar, you could build-your-own-potatohead! It was great fun for Laffy Taffy! There's stuff on the inside too, like his"angry eyes!" lol

This by far was the best thing I found. I normally avoid garage sales in townhouse neighborhoods, but for whatever reason I felt compelled to cruise through this 55+ neighborhood and I found this treasure. A "vintage" fisher-price castle! You got to love the original little people! It's really magnificent with all the little accessories. I thought this was going to be WAY out of my price range, but the nice grandparents who were selling it, gave it to me for $3.00! Wow! This toy belonged to her 42 year old son!

I also found some practical things like a pair of capri's and another pair of pants for me. A sweater and t.shirt for Strawberry and a couple brand-new water bottles for the little ones.


I'm not an evening person. I am having trouble sitting her typing this. I have SO MUCH to do still but I just can't even really think clearly to do it! I do so much better at 5 in the morning. So I better sign off and send myself to bed so I can get up at the crack of dawn and complete my tasks here!


Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

2 comments:

  1. What great finds! Love the castle! You have so much more fun than just going to Target and buying stuff!

    Go to bed little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little bubble gum!! She is so so so cute and very pretty so is Tirzah they are very beatiful, and sweet, pretty, cute, and great sisters I Love your family!! U guys are really great!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!