Friday, June 11, 2010

Menu Planning

I'm back! Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed! (whatever that means!) I have this love/hate relationship with meal planning and menus. I love to have the meals all figured out for the week, neatly written up and posted on my refrigerator. I hate thinking through what to make and what to buy. I look at the paper and my mind goes blank! That's what I was working on last night, or trying too. I had these grand plans to make four weeks worth of menus and shopping lists. This morning I was able to complete one weeks worth-this was BEFORE my first cup of coffee!

So here's what this week looks like for us, food wise. I hope you think it's somewhat interesting. :o) My three shopping destinations this morning will be Sam's, Costco and Trader Joe's.

Friday-
B- Cereal, Bananas
L-Eat Out (because I will be grocery shopping most of the day!)
D-Honduras Burritos, Corn Bread, Carrot Sticks

Saturday-
B-Eggs, Turkey Bacon and Biscuits
L-Left over burritos, fruit
D-Kid's:Pizza (I have a couple free Papa Murphy Pizza Coupons)
Parents: Dinner Date with old friends (Can't wait to see you Joan!)

Sunday-
B-Blueberry Apple Cake, Milk
L-Grill: Hot dogs and Salmon Patties, Watermelon, Carrot Sticks
D-Turkey Dinner (still have a few turkeys in the freezer from last year!)
homemade potato rolls, mashed potatoes, stuffing, salad or veggie.

Monday-
B-Whole Wheat Waffles
L-Sandwiches, Carrots and Apples
D-Turkey Fried Rice, Ling Lings, Tangerines

Tuesday-
B-Cereal
L-Beach Day-Pack to go!
D-Turkey Enchiladas, Rice, Corn, Refried Beans

Wednesday-
B-Chocolate Muffins, Hard-boiled Eggs
L-Mac & Cheese w/broccoli and Apples
D-Chili (making 22 quarts to freeze), chips, cheese

Thursday-
B-Bagels and Cream Cheese, Fruit, Yogurt
L-Grilled Tuna and Cheese, apples and carrots or Pack to go!
D-Broccoli Chicken Bake, Brown Rice, Veggies

Then we are back to the where I am now...more planning. Making a big turkey helps, because I'll be focusing on using that up. I don't always do things in the order I write them down, but I like knowing what I have on hand to make. One day next week I'll spend the morning making bread and rolls. We aren't doing any school next week, just taking a week off so I can get some project's done around here.

Have a happy Friday!

Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

3 comments:

  1. I've been trying to do the same thing - my basis is all the veggies I have in the fridge - what to make each night to complement those...I didn't get very far. Maybe with your inspiration I will do it this a.m. Yours sounds good! We are supposed to have a summery weekend (at last!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. joining e-mealz.com has helped me. I stress to much with meal planning that I am willing to pay just a little for some help...ha ha ha... Actually all my emeals have been so yummy this week. Now I do have to buy extra since the crew is so large...again, I am willing to pay the money when I have it.

    I also have a few turkeys in my freezer...looks like maybe Sunday... we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I plan out enough breakfasts, lunches, and dinners for a week. But rarely do I ever plan out which day for what. Unless a crockpot or picnic lunch is required! Weird I know. But it works for us. LOL It's so nice not having to think about meals all week. Definitely worth the extra work up front. Hmmmmm...I wonder what's on the menu for next week??????

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!