Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Teen-aged Feet



I'm trying something new today. Something totally out of my comfort zone. I was reading some different photography blogs and found a nifty little photo challenge that I thought I could enter because the theme just so happens to be feet and I just so happened to take a picture of a certain teen aged son's feet today. I teased him that I was going to put the picture on FaceBook and tag him...he didn't appreciate that. But I think something is really profound about his feet. More than one thing actually.

1-His feet, out of six children, are the only feet that resemble mine. Which means they aren't "super-sized!"

2-The awful condition of his socks.

3-Either my floors are dirtier than I realized, he hasn't changed his socks in days, or he's been walking around the garage in his socks.

4-He's often found in this position...reading on the couch, feet up.

5-How he stuffs his socks between his big toe and second toe.

6-Artistically, I like how you can see his foot print (albeit a dirt print) in his sock, toes defined.


So thanks for indulging me a little. I don't know what I would take pictures of if I didn't have children!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

5 comments:

  1. I love that you went in a completely different direction than every other entry I have looked at, and at the same time it couldnt be any better. I loved your observations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I love the sock between the toes. Great shot, great memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HA HA HA - nice feet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and...I love the new photos on the side bars! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm I think white sock manufacturers have some special thing that comes out when you wear the socks...all of our white socks look like that!

    I think you'd photo food...

    Hugs, miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!